Author Topic: Hello I am a family member with questions and concerns.....  (Read 8790 times)

jazzfunkanne

Re: Hello I am a family member with questions and concerns.....
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 09:00:17 am »
When i mention facial numbness to my dentist  in the uk he didnt have a clue, after i found out i had a AN because my very clever doctor picked up on it, my dentist said he had never heard of it, they have alot to learn.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:39 am »
the first time I heard the words "AN" was at my dentist too !!! (he said his brother had it) I had gone to him conplaining about numbness ....and I still did not go to my GP ... that is until my ear fullness kicked in ... I was only the 2nd person with AN he had seen!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

mk

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 10:38:40 am »
I also asked my dentists' advice for my facial numbness and he suggested right away that I should contact my GP and have an MRI. He figured right away that something wrong was going on, although from what he told me afterwards he feared it might be MS.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.