Welcome to the forum, sorry you had to join us but you have come to the right place for information and support. You said that your husband has to have surgery, did the Drs tell him that depending on the size of AN there are more options, how large is the AN?. Wait and watch and Gamma Knife or Cyber Knife are other options. If it is so large that an OP is the only option then from my reseach and what I have read Hannover Germany has one of the best hospitals in Europe. INI is a private hospital in Hannover (www.ini-hannover.de
) that does Neoro surgery, you can send them information per E-mail and they will respond in german or english (possibly french). There are other good hospitals in germany Bonn, and Mainz come to mind. I was operated Sept 07 in the Uniklinik Mainz (Prof Mann) I know that he has alot of experience does AN surgery every Mon. and Fr. and is usaually booked for 3-4 months but does emergencys or very large tumors others days of the week. I can't give you any information about Belgium or France. Here in germany they also do Radio surgery in most of the larger cities, Hannover, Bonn, Frankfurt, and I know they also have alot of GK centers in Switzerland.
In most cases with ANs your husband has time to make a decision (months or even years). I found out about my AN in Apr and then visited 2 different ENTs, sent my MRI and ENT recommendation to INI Hannover, went to Frankfurt and talked to GK specialists, visited Prof Mann in Mainz, talked with my Primary care giver (hausarzt), asked my brother-in-law that works in a hospital (who talked with the Drs) and in Aug I made the decesion to go with surgery. When I was in Mainz in May I made an appointment for surgery for the end of Sept so that when I made my decision I wouldn't have to wait to long.
If you speek german and need help with translations here on the sight my AN german is pretty good. My grammer is still not good but I'll do my best, your english writting skills are probably better than my german.
Dan in Germany