Author Topic: Vogstar5 Surgery Update  (Read 1287 times)

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
Vogstar5 Surgery Update
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:42:49 am »
Vogstar5 (Sue) who has posted a few times had her surgery on Mon (Oct 13th) at University of IA. I received an email from her daughter this morning who said that her surgery went great and she is doing well.

I will post more when I hear it.

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Vogstar5 Surgery Update
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
Cathy:

Thanks for the update on Sue.  I'm sure many folks will be pleased to learn the good news regarding her successful surgery.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 01:30:19 pm »
Hey Cathy,

thank you SO much for this update. Please send along my wellness wishes and "postie" congrats to Sue! 

thanks again for the update!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denisex2boys

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:06 pm »
Thank goodness another success story!  Wish her well and I'll be a 'postie' soon enough as well .... seems weird saying that ... 'postie' since I have been waiting a year .....  Tomorrow at this time I hopefully will be getting the 'tap, tap' on the shoulder to wakey, wakey!  :)
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »
Cathy -

thanks for the update on Sue.

As you know we always worry about our "family" so it's great to get good news.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways