Author Topic: Oh My Gosh .... I thought I was so ready but my heart just skipped a beat ......  (Read 3954 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
hi Denise,

how are you?

I know this is a hard time of your life.
I also have my admission date scheduled for Oct 12 and i will get operated a day or two after that. During the past 6 months i've always known that there is a surgery ahead of me. However, once i got scheduled i feel very scared and upset! I hardly eat and I cry any time i have the chance.

That is why i am work till Friday and i depart to Germany on Sunday morning. I would pefer to keep myself busy and not to have a chance to think about the forthcoming "adventure".

stay relaxed (I know how hard it is!)
Best wished for a smooth outcome! Keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

wendysig

Hrissy,
Take a deep breath, I know this is a very scary time for you -- your third AN surgery.  Having gone through this surgery once, I can't even imagine having to go through it three times!  I really feel badly for you. I sense that you are a strong person though and pray that this time will be the charm.   I assume you have not gotten to know your surgeon and therefore may not have the feeling of confidence in him/her that we get to have.  We are so fortunate here in the US to have that priviedge.  Although none of us can be there with you in body, we are with you in spirit and all pulling for you and wish you the very best.  If he can, please have your brother post how you are doing as we will all be very anxiously waiting to hear how you are.

Denise,
Sorry for the hijack but when I saw Hrissy's post, I had to say something to her.  I hope you have reached a decision regarding when you will have your surgery and are more comfortable with it, are busily making arrangements and feel like all your ducks are lining up.  I also wish you the very best of luck.  Please keep us upodated on what's going on with you.

Best wishes to both of you,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!