Author Topic: GK Rescheduled . . . . Darn!!!  (Read 2016 times)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
GK Rescheduled . . . . Darn!!!
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:17:04 pm »
Hi everyone!

Went in for my pre-op visit with the AN doc today, and I was told that there had been a scheduling error between my doctor's office and the gamma knife center.  Instead of Oct. 7th, my date for GK is now Oct 21st.  Bummer!  The good thing is that I still have confidence in my doctors, and I am not backing out.  I guess stuff happens.  Thanks for the support all of you have given me.  Maybe someone will put my new date on the calendar.  Somebody put it on there the first time, and it was a nice surprise to see that someone was thinking of me!!! 

Nancy ;D ;D ;D
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: GK Rescheduled . . . . Darn!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:36:47 pm »
Nabcy:

Sorry about the GK postponement.  Two weeks isn't too long and I'm pleased to see you're keeping a positive attitude.  :)

I changed your GK date on the AN Treatment Calendar.  http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d21/10/2008?authenticate=&display=M&style=B

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Nancy Drew

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:11:59 pm »
Thanks Jim,

After the initial shock, I am dealing pretty well . . . or at least for now!!!  Seriously though, I am getting a real lesson in patience.  Patience is something I need to learn, and I think I am going to come out being a pro!!! Thanks for putting my date on the calendar.

Nancy ;D ;D ;D
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:03:28 pm »
Nancy,
Sorry to hear about the scheduling snafu but you sound like you're dealing with it pretty well.  You're right, things do happen but October 21 is not far off and will be here before you know it.  I'm sure each one of us has felt our patience has been tested in dealing with our ANs -- it's just part of the package I guess.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

NL

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:08 pm »
Hey Nancy,

Sorry your GK got bumped! Hope the 2 weeks goes by quickly. And I think Wendy's right - whether we're dealing with treatment, recovery, or MRI results - a lesson in patience seems to be part of the AN package. What a deal! :P

Counting down with you...

Nancy L
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

lori67

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:57:51 pm »
Nancy,

As "other" Nancy so nicely put, patience definitely comes along with the AN package.  You're gonna get it whether you want it or not!!!!

Two weeks will give you more time to clean closets.  And if yours are done......I'm still offering for someone to do mine!   ;)  I can't believe no one is jumping at this offer.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:12 pm »
Nancy -

you are right - stuff does happen.

This is just a small bump in your AN road.  Hang in there - the 21st will be here before you know it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Nancy Drew

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:40 am »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your kind words and your support.  Lori, I  have two more closets to go, and then I'm going to put the spices in my cupbord in alphabetical order!  Looks like you are gonna have to find someonce else to clean out your closets.  Sorry!  On the positive side, my AN was caught when it was small (and it still is).  Some doctors have told me my AN is a candidate for W&W any way so at least there is no hurry to do anything. I'll make it.  Just disappointed. ::) ::) ::) 

Thanks again, 

Nancy ;D 
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

sgerrard

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 07:24:41 pm »
Well, October 7th almost got here pretty fast, so I guess Oct 21st should come up pretty quick. Still, I think you have waited long enough - dang! Who knew that choosing GK really meant choosing watch and wait and GK.

As compensation for the delay, see if they will let you borrow the GK frame for Halloween.  :o

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Nancy Drew

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 02:25:45 pm »
Steve,

I can always count on you for something to give me a laugh.  The headframe is a good idea.  I will give them a call after I finish this email!!!  I think what happened is that one of the doctors had to bail, and everyone was informed but me.  Bummer, but that is life.  Is patience a virtue or something like that!!!  If so, then I will be filled with virtue!!!

YCNAN . . . . . ;D ;D ;D
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs