Author Topic: Just watching!  (Read 2781 times)

Mickey

Just watching!
« on: October 06, 2008, 06:48:27 pm »
Iv`e seen the Dr. today and got what I believe is good news, next MRI in 1 year.  This is after two  6 mos. MRI`s come back stable. Right now I`m watching but not going to wait if something out of the ordinary pops up. So far all is status quo for the way I`ve felt for many years even before diognosis. Dr. did mention a relationship of slower to no growth as we get older. Just turned 60 and hope this the case but will be prepaired if not. He did mention I`m still well within GK treatment range. Just keeping the faith and trying to share something positive. Mickey P.S. Neuromonics has helped the tinnitus I`ve had for many years. Not a cure all but definately a relief.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Just watching!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:07:37 pm »
Mickey -

very positive news.  I'm glad you shared it with us.

Status quo is a good thing when you have an AN  ;)

Keep keeping the faith  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:08:23 am »
Thanks for your "update" and very glad it is a positive one for you. 

Happy for you the neuromonics works for you and thanks for sharing that as there is no data on studies done on VS patients (aka ANers) that this form of treatment works. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:16:53 pm »
Hey, Mickey:

Going to an annual MRI is good.  A stable AN is very good.  You're good.  ;)

Seriously, thanks for the (positive) update.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.