Author Topic: Trilogy Update 1 year and seven months  (Read 2574 times)

Craig

Trilogy Update 1 year and seven months
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:21:46 am »
Good afternoon,

I have been off this site for a long time. I thought I would throw a gleam of cheer out to everyone. I am 1 year and 7 months removed from having my AN zapped by the Varian Trilogy machine at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, TN. I am doing very well with no dizziness, the ringing in the head has almost gone away and really no side affects at all. I ran a half marathon in April and I am looking forward to my 2 year MRI in April of 2008.

The world may feel like it is crashing down on some of you new to the AN world but it is just a beginning.

Keep your head up and you will be fine. Go with your gut as to what treatment you seek.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Trilogy Update 1 year and seven months
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:54:55 pm »
Craig:

Thanks for the positive update!  Your comment is much appreciated - and quite true.   May your recovery continue apace and your spirits be continually lifted, as you've lifted the spirits of others, today.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 07:15:20 pm »
Craig,

Great news! It is always nice to hear about a radiation success. It sounds like you are doing very well.

Now why is it that so many AN'ers run a half marathon after treatment?  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:52 pm »
Craig -

thanks for returning to give us an update on your recovery.

It's good to know that you are doing so well.

I firmly believe in the "go with your gut" when it comes to treatment choice.

Nice to know it worked for you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:53:46 pm »
Craig,
I'm so happy for you that you are doing so good.  It helps other people to see that we can be normal again.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 
Take care, and stop by again.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 05:54:08 am »
Hey Craig,

great to see you! :)  You know I've been following along with your story as you are the only one I know of that is this far out from Trilogy treatment on their AN. I'm not sure if you saw but I did a post a while back somewhere on the forums about a local facility that just got Trilogy and follow your progress (and great news!) to learn more about it and its outcomes.  Thanks for sharing this and congrats to you! Onward and upward! :)

Continued wellness wishes, as always!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Betsy

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:28 pm »
Hey Craig!  Thanks for letting us know how well you're doing, that's good news indeed.  I'm not too far behind you; just a little over 14 months since my Trilogy treatment and I'm happy to report that my hearing hasn't changed a bit.  I'm a bit jealous of  your balance...I still have the "tequila walk".  Congrats on running the half marathon!

Drop us a line next April after your MRI...will be thinking of you.

Betsy

15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009