Author Topic: 8 Month MRI Shows Growth!  (Read 3687 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: 8 Month MRI Shows Growth!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 03:23:53 pm »
Oh Jen my heart goes out to you. This sucks!! This is my worst fear as they had to leave some tumour behind. I understand when you say you don't want to go through it again. Why are you chosing a different approach for surgery? Is it because you may have lost your hearing and this gives the facial nerve a better chance? Just curious.
I wish you well on your journey - you are strong and got through this once you can do it again. Warm fuzzy hugs.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:25 pm »
Jan,
I'm so sorry to hear about your regrowth.  I can't say that I blame you for opting for surgery again but why translab?  I'll guess the first time around the doc was able to save a lot of your hearing and this time it's gone down so much it's the only thing that makes sense but that' s just my guess.  Whatever the reason, I wish you luck.  Keep us posted as to what's going on and how you are.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:06 am »
I am sorry to hear for your regrowth Jen! I am in the process of choosing doctors for another time and i know how you feel!
it is very tiring and exhausting for sure!
since i had retro two times they offer me translab this time. Why did you focus on traslab? how big is the regrowth?

Hrissy

Jim,
having 26 sessions of FSR can you have any other radio treatment of anything else of your body till the rest of your life? are beams diiferent for AN and for something else let's say cancerous formation? I know that human body can have a certain amount of radiation and i wonder did you have the ultimate possible?

Onceagain (Thom),catflower (Linda) and cmp (Carrie),

i have almost as big as yours residual in my head and I wonder which your doctors were? I am considering HEI in LA, Dr John House. Do you have facial paralysis because of the AN surgery? how much did your surgeries cost? I don;t have an American insurance and i have to pay it by myself, which makes things very hard!  :'(

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you and all the best,
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 04:35:28 pm »
Jen, Thom,
I can't believe you have to go through it again either.  I can't imagine.  But, if we survived it once we can survive again.  If I have to do this again I'm going to ask for more drugs.
With all best thoughts,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.