Author Topic: Sleeping Pattern  (Read 2555 times)

28Lisa

• pre opt
Sleeping Pattern
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:58:41 am »
My sleeping pattern is all screwed up, I can only sleep for 3hrs at a time...

What can I do to help?
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Sleeping Pattern
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:54:29 am »
I use, on occasion, melatonin 5 mg. of course there are stronger prescription meds for helping one to get their body clock back to normal.  At my 6 weeks post op visit with my neurosurgeon I wasn't sleeping and he prescribed Ambien.  Took this for 5 days and was off to a good start, but didn't want to be plugged into the pharmacy so opted for melatonin. 

Along with this I will do a few postures of yoga noted for relaxation on those nights I know I will have a difficult time falling asleep. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Re: Sleeping Pattern
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:26:02 pm »
Lisa,
why do you sleep so little? i remember when i got operated i could not sleep healthily for the first week cause i coul not move in the bed. at that time i craved for my sleep - i LOVE to sleep A LOT!
but you are 6 months post op - why do you still have problems?

I think instead of getting any meds (i don;t like taking any pills) you can search for Tumbleweed - a member on this forum who uses a lot of herbs and i hope she can help you. Try to find her My wholistic, natural therapeutical approach post - it is very informative!

Hope she can help!
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co