Author Topic: It Worked!  (Read 3265 times)

28Lisa

• pre opt
It Worked!
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:46:42 pm »
Thanks to whomever suggested sticking your thumbs up, streching your hand out and concentrating on your thumb only while you walk.  I tried this for the very first time and I didnt use a walker nor did I hold onto the walls.  Im so stoked....

Wowies  :)

Thanks again...

You know its ironic because I was in a rehab for 4 months receiving physical therapy and not once did they sugges that idea?
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: It Worked!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »
Great news, Lisa  ;D

I don't know who suggested this, but I'm glad to hear it worked for you.

I see you've posted a picture  :)  I always like putting a face with a name.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: It Worked!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:08 am »
Maybe it was me you are talking about?  I wrote about the "staring at your thumb" exercises I performed, but only standing with feet in different positions on hard and soft surfaces, never used this technique while walking.  But, very happy this is helping you! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear