Author Topic: Tingling numb finger tip  (Read 2139 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Tingling numb finger tip
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:08 am »
Should I be concerned that my right hand first finger is tingling and numb? Just that finger. I am right handed.
Now I am parnoid about everything. I have been a bit down lately no more movement or tingling (which I like) in my face. I hope Angle is right and it comes in waves.
Hope you are all well today and the sun is shining where you live.
Michelle  :D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Tingling numb finger tip
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:06:11 pm »
Michelle:

My personal view is that this tingling in your fingers has no relation to your facial nerves.  However, I'm not a doctor or an expert in ANs so my reflexive response is to call your doctor and ask about this. 

I'm well and the sun is shining intermittently, thanks.  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:30:39 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:23 pm »
Sounds like your BP(Blood pressure) is high

Do you eat alot of salty foods?
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:24:42 pm »
It stopped thank goodness, I got worried because I was reading that it may be pressure on a nerve in the neck (among other things) hense my panic. Thanks for your responses I had a hot bath and felt better. I always come to my knowledeable friends with concerns (you all know more than most doctors I have met).
Thanks again, I won't over react again...... hopefully. ::)
Michelle  ;D

Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

lori67

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 04:08:39 pm »
Michelle,

It probably is a nerve thing.  Could be from a tight muscle in your neck/shoulder area pushing on the nerve or if you're on the computer a lot - could be a nerve thing from your wrist area.  The hot bath was a good idea - you might also do some gentle stretching of your neck and shoulders or try an OTC anti-inflammatory and see if that helps. 

Maybe those Kindergarteners are causing you a little stress!!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:09:05 pm »
Michelle,

Are you taking Topamax or Nuerontin because that is a minor side effect from the drugs?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

mk

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 05:50:41 pm »
After returning home from my stay in Toronto for my GK treatment, my entire right arm was feeling sore and numb for a few days. Of course I thought it was due to the treatment and I was very worried... My husband pointed out that our 18 month old son wanted me to pick him up constantly after I returned home, and I always picked him up on the right side. I switched sides and presto ... problem solved.  :)

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

lori67

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:36 pm »
Well, there you go - Michelle - stop picking up Marianna's son!   :D

What would you do without us?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:50 pm »
I can't stop laughing Lori. Okay, okay I will stop picking up her son!  ;D
My family is sleeping and they will think I am going crazy and I can only use the "I had brain surgery" excuse so many times.
Thanks for your support - you guys are the best!
Michelle  ;D

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
I can only use the "I had brain surgery" excuse so many times.

I think the official limit on that is 1 million times, so you should still have a few more. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.