Author Topic: Headaches, Balance, Dizzyness, Tinutis  (Read 11280 times)

JudyT

Re: Headaches, Balance, Dizzyness, Tinutis
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 11:24:49 pm »
I tried an antidepressant and all I got was FAT! I'm 4 years out from CK.....I am totally out of solutions other than just doing what the day allows......listening to my body....doing ALL the good things that I know how to do......if it works.....GREAT if it doesn't......go to plan "B"......if that doesn't do it......go to bed or here! Just flat don't know........some days are good.....some aren't. This is the only place I can find understanding and perhaps new ideas.......and HOPE one day the answers will come. The contributers here are as good as it gets.......none of my doctors get it.....kids etc. don't either sooooo here I am.  Perhaps a glass of good wine.....a warm bed......music are in order!

Judy

golden

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:46 am »
Judy,
I know how you are feeling!! I have been on anti-depressants since being a couple months post (I am know at 23 months). When I took a short term medical leave from work to try and figure out the new me I realized that anti-depressants alone were not enough. I found a individual therapist (she is wonderful) that is helping me cope with all the different emotions that I am going through. I thought hey the doctors removed the tumor so in a few months I would be back to my old self. Well I realized that the old me was left on the surgery table and I was a totally diffrent person physically, emotionally. Somedays I really miss the old me but, I am slowly starting to accept the new me and I can have a happy life being this new person that I am becoming. Oh believe me I still have my down days (we are entitled to grieve for our old self) but, I take one day at a time because life goes on no matter how we are feeling.
Maybe going to counseling to help deal with the emotional side of a AN will help. You will be in my prayers. Always remember here we can all relate to what you are going through and are always willing to listen and give what advice we can.
Golden

JudyT

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:01 am »
Hi Golden.....I do go periodically to a behavior therapist and she is great. I have been going to her since my husband died in'95. She has the same philosophy that I do.....gotta have a plan! Trying to fly by the seat of my pants doen't do it. The only thing that is really dibillitating to me are the headaches......the rest I can do. When my husband of 38 years died I had to re-invent myself. I married at 17....never having lived on my own, stay at home mom and making a "nest" for my husband and chidren. I have been re-inventing myself once again after CK. I know how to do it just not successful all the time. Accepting my circumstances is my dilema.....I want more and can't always acieve it.......Oh well......gotta keep trying.
Thanks for the encouragement.......

Judy

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »
4 years out from radiosurgery I was on the downward spiral. All the same symptoms. I had tried PT therapy both administered and on my own....boring and ineffective. Hardest part was frequently being unable to drive. I had gained weight because of inactivity...everything was headed in the wrong direction....then this happened.
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=8379.0

I'm on a low dose of Topomax for the headaches...does the trick for the most part. I still get them but less frequent and usually less painful. Still SSD obviously with constant tinnitus (my own little brass band) but I deal with it. My advice for balance is to find something you can enjoy doing and then push yourself harder than you ever thought possible. The great thing about standup paddleboarding is that it doesn't hurt when I fall so I was able to push, and push, and push.

I've lost a lot of fat and added a lot of muscle. I look and feel better than I have in 20 years. It's not only been effective in helping my balance but in making me healthier overall. I'm 50 and feel 30...all in less than 1.5 years. Everybody is different and this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. But we all can find something that will help us to some degree. My biggest epiphany...relying on the doctors alone to get you back to normal is not going to work. It's mostly up to YOU.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

JudyT

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:07 pm »
Absolutely.........we have to be accountable....sometimes I am boosted by the fact I tried....maybe didn't succeed to the level I wanted but I tried. Just sitting idoly by doesn't change anything. Yesterday, I got a lot accomplished......today exhausted....long nap helped. Headache, nausea......dizzy......what's new? Can't let it get to me.......tommorrow is another day....try to make it better is all there is.

Judy

cin605

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 05:34:28 pm »
Cindy--just a question--how do you have the crystals reset in your middle ear?

Capt Deb
Sorry it took so long to respond to this Capt.
The vestubular rehab woman i have is wonderful she has vetub.problems herself so she undeerstands more than any other Docs how i feel.anyway she laid me on my back W/ my head hanging over the end of the table,tilted my head up to right purposely bringing on the vertigo.The to the left.It was really grueling at the time but it did help w/ alot of the vertigo.
Now....if i could only get my balance to co-operate.also i  am having eye tracking issues.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old