Author Topic: an in wisconsin  (Read 2813 times)

katiejp

an in wisconsin
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:29 am »
I HAD SURGERY FOR AN 5 YEARS AGO.  I HAD IT DONE IN LACROSEE, WISCONSIN AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD IT DONE THERE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE IN WISCONSIN.  MY DOCTOR HAS RETIRED AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS OF A GOOD DOCTOR TO GO TO FOR QUESTIONS THAT I MIGHT NEED ANSWERED
THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP

Joey

• Change could be right around the corner.
Re: an in wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:20 am »
 :) Hi there - greetings from Prescott, WI - I was referred to both the U of M and to Rochester - since my insurance was uncertain with the U of M at the time, I am going to Rochester, seeing Dr. Michael Link.  We are really close to Rochester, too --- and my friend's daughter, who works at the U of M, said I'm seeing one of the best.  Sounds like you are in the follow up process, and I'm not nearly that far along yet.  I'm scheduled for Gamma knife on 10-2-08.  If you need any phone numbers or names, feel free to PM me.  Take care, Joey
Left sided AN.  GK over and done with at Mayo Clinic on
10-2-08; according to Dr. Link, AN measured 15 mm in greatest posterior fossa diameter; used 11 isocenters of radiation to cover tumor volume of 2.3 cm3.  Follow up on 4-14-09 indicated necrosis, no change in tumor size and less hearing, darn

Tamara

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:02 pm »
I was at Waukesha Memorial Hospital - just outside of Milwaukee - so not really close to you, but it may be helpful.  I believe that Jean was at Froedtert in Wauwatosa.  PM me if you'd like more info...

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Jeanlea

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »
Yes, I was at Froedtert.  I always thought it was Milwaukee though.  lol  I saw Dr. Friedland there.  There is also Dr. Wackym who is pretty good.  Do you live near LaCrosse? 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

katiejp

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:01:30 pm »
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFORMATION, I LIVE ABOUT 70 MILES FROM LACROSSE AND ABOUT 80 MILES FROM MADISON AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A GOOD DOCTOR BECAUSE MINE HAS RETIRED 

Cheryl R

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 06:30:12 am »
I have heard a Dr Pyle mentioned at Univ of W in Madison.                I know a ANer in Prairie du Chen who saw him but then went on to have her surgery at Univ of Iowa.   This was several years ago.             I am in central Iowa and also go to Univ of Iowa.             
I had a daughter go to grad school in Madison.   I love the town and hated it when she moved on to Michigan after school.         
                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care