Author Topic: Going to House in January  (Read 2693 times)

NancyK

Going to House in January
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:02:10 am »
My surgery (middle fossa) is schedule for January 10th at the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles with Dr. Brackmann.  I am wondering if anyone else reading this forum has surgery scheduled for the same timeframe.  Also, I would be happy to hear comments and suggestions to make our adventure more manageable.  We are traveling from West Virginia.  I understand that everthing is more expensive there.  Thanks.

NancyK

comphibron

Re: Going to House in January
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:13:57 pm »
I had surgery with Dr.Brackmann on Nov 9th.I had CSF leakage for a AN removal in Seattle and 4 procedures to stop the leakage which were all unsuccessful.I went to the HEI and Dr.Brackmann fixed the problem.He's a wonderful man and his assistants Dr.Kutz and Dr.Doherty were great also.I would say you will be in good hands.My wife and I flew down on Nov 8.I had surgery on the 9th.After staying at the Radisson for a couple of days a room became available at Seton Hall and just as good if not better that the Radisson.
Good Luck and say Hello to Dr.Brackmann for us!
Tony

Tina Hager

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:29:04 pm »
Hello NancyK,
                   My surgery will be scheduled for some time in Jan also. I will  be having Dr's Friedman and Hitzelberger. I hear Dr. Brackman is also wonderful! They all are great there! I live here in Laguna Beach, Orange County. An hour south of LA.You can shoot me an e-mail and I will tell you the scoop! I love it here. It will be a little chilly but not as cold as W.V.! You are in the best of hands.
                 Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!!!!!
                                                                     Tina Hager

vcschaub

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 10:16:25 am »
I had middle fossa surgery at House on Nov 8th with Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger. I had all my preop tests on the 7th. The hospital that House uses, St. Vincent Medical Center, is an excellent facility. The surgery, icu and post icu rooms are all on the same floor. My care there was wonderful. The internist that follows you, Dr. Stefan, is also great. My husband stayed at Seton while I was in the hospital and then we moved to a hotel in Westwood for the remaining time until I had my stitches out. We returned home (Florida) on the 17th. The families of other patients who are there are also very supportive. I know you will be impressed with your care. Good luck!!
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Mary

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 09:12:10 pm »
Hi Nancy,

My Mother and I were there at the house in November.   I got to meet Vicki  too.   If you can stay at the Seaton Guest center, I would highly recommend it.   The hospital is on 3rd st. and there is a Food For Less on 6th.   The center does not have a stove but they have a big frige and 2 microwaves.   They also have 2 computers.   Mom never got out of the hospital till we left so she never got to see it.   I thought it was wonderful.

A buger king is across from the hospital but the food at the hospital is great too.   And cheap !!!!
Are you renting a car?   If you would like you can send me an email and Ill tell you more.

What a wonderful New Year it's going to be for you.

Mary

Debb

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 02:37:54 pm »
Hi Nancy,
My husband is having surgery the same day and with Dr. Brackmann also! We feel very confident with Brackmann and his team. Frank is having middle fossa for a 8mm left side. His only symptoms is mild hearing loss. We are starting to get nervous
of the unknown. But I am very optimistic! He has pre-ops on Monday, maybe we will see you there. I'll keep you in my prayers also.
Debb

Ann

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 07:59:53 pm »
Hello, Nancy!

I suspect we will “bump into� (or fall into) one another at the Seton House.  My husband and I leave Richmond, VA and travel to HEI on January 9.   Dr. William Slattery and Dr. Marc Schwartz will be “performing� the Translabyrinthine procedure on my previously radiated (FSR) acoustic neuroma on January 12.   

And, you are correct.  The experience should be an adventure—at least for our companions!   I am feeling very optimistic, knowing that the physicians at HEI have many years of experience—extracting these foreign bodies from the heads of thousands of individuals. 

Nancy, my thoughts will be with you on January 10th.

Ann Washington
Richmond, VA
aphid@comcast.net