Author Topic: Balance test NORMAL, but I'm tipsy????  (Read 10426 times)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: Balance test NORMAL, but I'm tipsy????
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 05:38:56 pm »
OK!!!  So, I got the results of my MRI today, and I have good news.  My AN is already starting to shrink.  This is the info I got (over the phone) from the office manager at the radiologist's office.  Didn't get the size of the AN or anything like that, but the MRI showed that I have sinus disease.  The radiologist said to call my Otologist/Neurotologist (Dr. Feehs) to follow up.  So when I called to explain the situation, the woman answering the phone said Dr. Feehs is not really an ENT and doesn't handle problems like this.  Then she said,  "well, he is an ENT, but he can't help you."  Said I would need to go to a regular ENT instead.  But, then she changed her mind and said Dr. Feehs nurse would call me around 3:15.  It is now 4:30, and I'm still waiting.  I have been a bit frustrated with my AN after care.  Not with my AN doc but with his staff.  They are terrible at returning calls.  I have a feeling that I am not going to get a call today from Dr. Feehs' office.  Called my PCP's office a while ago, and I figure she will call me back a little later or at least by tomorrow.  I have had two sinus surgeries in the past so it is possible that I might need another one.  Don't remember having this strange feeling in my head though.  However, I do think I might have a sinus infection right now.  But, I am just thrilled to know that my AN is starting to shrink.  I am sure once I get the sinus thing straightened out life will get back on track.  Just had to vent.  Thanks for listening.  Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

cindyj

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 06:18:04 pm »
Well, Nancy, that is great news!  Tumor dying already - exactly what you want to hear!  Now, we'll focus on that and hope for the best about your sinus problem.

Talk to you soon,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Nancy Drew

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 06:46:40 pm »
Hi Cindy,

Nice hearing from you on the board.  I've read some of your posts and sounds like you are doing well and tearing up the tennis courts.  Can't believe my AN is already starting to shrink so soon after GK.  Now, like you said, gotta figure out what is going on with the sinus situation.  Best wishes as you keep on keeping on!

Nancy
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 09:58:12 am »
OK!!!  So, I got the results of my MRI today, and I have good news.  My AN is already starting to shrink.

Yeah, baby! The sinus thing sounds like a pain, but somehow it also seems like normal regular stuff - lots of regular people have sinus issues. The big news is that the AN is not going to be a problem. Congratulations. I hope you have fun getting doctor appointments for your normal-person sinus problem.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 10:45:26 pm »
I hated seeing the term unremarkable, that Steve mentioned , on test results ... it tells
you very little

I had unremarkable findings pre-surgery on balance tests ... but bad balance issues after and
couldn't finish a post op test due to vomiting ... still bob ,wobble and weave but learning to take it in stride
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

wcrimi

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 11:56:45 am »
I hated seeing the term unremarkable, that Steve mentioned , on test results ... it tells
you very little

I had unremarkable findings pre-surgery on balance tests ... but bad balance issues after and
couldn't finish a post op test due to vomiting ... still bob ,wobble and weave but learning to take it in stride

Do you notice any improvement with time?

1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

Soundy

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 12:51:36 pm »
vast improvement over the first month post surgery ...

but rest I think is adjusting to things more than real  improvement ...but I guess adjustment is
improvement...  :-\ ...

I still wobble and I bump into things ...I hit the door frame coming out of my bed room at least once
a day ...don't know if it is the door placement combined with the turn into hall or what , but have thought
of padding it ...but husband says no...

For the most part though I just go along ,set my own pace and when possible (like long halls at school)
I stay near the wall and drag my hand along it ...just touching something grounds me enough to chase
off a little of the wobble ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Nancy Drew

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »
My PCP gave me antibiotics for the sinus stuff.  Going into 5th day but still having aches and pains.  I still have those weird sensations in my head that baffle me.  I just tripped up the stairs!!!  A lot better than falling down them!!!  And, darn door jams!!!  Maybe I should move to a padded room!!! Nancy ;D
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08

Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Soundy

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:19 pm »
My PCP gave me antibiotics for the sinus stuff.  Going into 5th day but still having aches and pains.  I still have those weird sensations in my head that baffle me.  I just tripped up the stairs!!!  A lot better than falling down them!!!  And, darn door jams!!!  Maybe I should move to a padded room!!! Nancy ;D

I fall up our porch steps all the time ...it has become one of the funny things Mom does to the girls... and
I have fell down them once ...you are right falling up them is better
Translab July 2 ,2007