Author Topic: Pocket Talker  (Read 2422 times)

mrgarlic

Pocket Talker
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:53:14 pm »
Greetings to all. I am now 10 days out from surgery. Some good some bad. I am deaf left and have now lost a bunch more on tumor side. Dr says some might be from swelling. Do you any of you use a Pocket Talker? They sound good but don't want to put some dollars for a toy.

Thanks to all, this group is great.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Pocket Talker
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:02:17 pm »
Larry:

I was glad to learn that you seem to be coming along with your recovery.  The hearing loss is regrettable but your doctor has a good point.  Let's hope that post-op swelling really is the culprit. 

Never heard of the 'Pocket Talker' so I Goggled it and came up with a number of places selling it.  This is just one ad: http://www.azhearing.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=PKTPRO.  It appears to have some limitations but having never owned or used it, I'll leave any judgments to those who have, with the final decision being yours, of course.

Jim 

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mrgarlic

Re: Pocket Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »
Greetings Jim,,,,,,,I actually used a Pocket Talker today at the clinic. This is not a toy. Very simply put, it is a personal amplifier. It can be used with  buds or headset. The mike pops out and can be replaced with another with as long a cord as needed. This should work great for driving. I can never hear my wife, nor anyone in back seat. I tried it in a busy room and it will be good as long as someone is speaking towards the mike.
It or one of the models will also work with T-coil aids. I use an infared cordless sony headset at home. This is a marriage saver. I was discharged to travel home today, but will post that news seperately,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008