Author Topic: temporalis tendon transfer  (Read 7533 times)

Kaybo

Re: temporalis tendon transfer
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 12:06:33 pm »
Correct.  I had NO movement at all the 1st year and then they did the 12/7.  It did help, in that since it was hooked up to a "live" nerve, that side of my face "rejuvinated."  I got a little movement back between 6-8 months - I got the smile line - my friend told me I was the only woman she knew that would be excited about wrinkles!  You have to remember that the 12/7 surgery was still VERY new so I bet the surgery is much better now.  When I heard about Nancy doing the T3 and saw her pictures (GREAT, BTW), I started checking into it.  Since it had NOTHING to do with the nerves - only muscles and tendons - I was still a candidate (after 11 years) and really didn't have anything to lose.  I contacted Dr. Byrne and then e-mailed him pictures.  They thought that they might be able to help so my sweet hubby & I headed to Baltimore for a consultation.  He also did my eyebrows so that they are symmetrical now and took tendon from my leg to put in my lips.  My mouth doesn't droop as bad at rest so the overall appearance of my face just looks better.

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!