Author Topic: Also a newbie  (Read 14352 times)

konnie

Re: Also a newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 12:57:18 pm »
Hello Forum:
My sister Konnie is in surgery today, and she has asked me to update this website due to how overwhelmingly helpful it has been for her in this short time of discovery and now surgery.
Here is alittle back ground:

Email Konnie sent 7-30-08 (We just figured out how to post.)
    ( I am a new AN just found out three weeks ago by accident.Thought i had a bad sinus infection.
    my left side of my face was numb went to the doctor and he ordered an MRI
    and they found a 4cm tumer pressing on my brain stem and it needs to come out ASP.
    I have one of  the largest he has seen and it will be a long 10 hour or more surgery.
    My doctor told me about this web site. It seems to be the best thing. The internet can be so
    scary.  I'm very interested to see how things have been going for others that AN tumor over 3.5cm?)

My name is Debbie and like to thank Leapyrtwins she has been so helpful and encouraging we (family) are so deeply grateful.

Konnie went into surgery 7:00am this morning and is expected to be 10 to 14 hours long. She is at Hinsdale Hospital with Dr Wiet
and Dr Kazan. They told us they will breaking as much up as they can, she does have a nerve going through the tumor and will probably loose all hearing in left ear. Your stories have been a God send, Thank you.
I am heading to the hospital and I will send updates and keep Konnie updated too.   

Debbie (Konnie's sister)

AN 4.0cm @ time MRI (7-28-08)
Surgery 8-6-08 @Hinsdale,IL by
 Dr.Wiet/Dr. Kazan
Symtoms: sinus infection,numbness on leftside of face, hearing loss left ear & morning headaches

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:29 pm »
Debbie - Give Konnie our best after her surgery.  We'll definitely be thinking of her during this time and beyond.  It's great that she has a good support system (including this forum) with her like you.  Recovery comes slower than one thinks and so she'll need help and support during that time.  It's been 3 months (tomorrow) since my surgery and I'm not 100% back to "normal" yet.  Granted, I'm doing most things like driving and working, but I still have some issues that need resolved before I'm back to 100%.  We're definitely pulling for her and are here to help you or her whenever you want.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:37 pm »
To Konnie......my good thoughts for everthing to go well are with you.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!