Author Topic: Need list of gamma knife questions to ask doctor  (Read 7960 times)

sgerrard

Re: Need list of gamma knife questions to ask doctor
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 01:09:25 am »
I got my third opinion from another AN doctor last week, and he was just wonderful.  ...  Needless to say, I now have a new doctor who doesn't wear a white coat and explains medical procedures in real people talk.

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like a good doctor to have. Glad you found someone you trust. Hope the other appointments go well.

Take your time. We get lots of practice at being patient on this forum...

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: Need list of gamma knife questions to ask doctor
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 08:45:37 pm »
Steve,

Thanks for your support.  Since my MRI in May, I feel like my decision making process has been dragging on forever.  I think finding this new doc is a big positive in helping me feel better about my options.  A big thank you to CaryF on this board who referred me to him.  And, congrats to Cary for his successful GK.

Sue,

You are not nagging me at all.  We all have different experiences, and it is good to share them with others.  I am interested in what happens to all of you.  I haven't taken Prednisone in over 18 years so who knows what it will do to me should I have to take it.  The doc I saw last week said if I have to be hospitalized to monitor my mood and sleep issues then that is what might have to be done.  I have a good doctor who helps with my mood and insomnia issues, and I saw him a couple of weeks ago.  He said he would work with my AN doc about the medication issues.  I think I am finally beginning to see that I need to quit worrying about things that might not even happen.  If I have GK, then I just need to go in to it full on with positive thinking.

Here's to positive thinking.  Nancy 
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs