Author Topic: 8 Month MRI Shows Growth...  (Read 3264 times)

Jwh

8 Month MRI Shows Growth...
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:49 am »
Well went yesterday for my MRI on my regrowth after having Retro surgery in 2001.  I found out in 2007 that in fact I had a regrowth now I've been waiting and watching.  Doc said yesterday it's time to do something about it once again as my MRI has shown growth. My tumor is now approx. 1 cm and kissing the brain.

I'll probably go in for Translab at NYU in October.  I can't believe I have to do this once again.  Wishing there was a magic pill to get rid of this thing once and for all!

Thanks for listening.
Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

Mickey

Re: 8 Month MRI Shows Growth...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:45:39 am »
Very sorry to hear this. I do know that you will  be in the best hands at NYU. I`m facing watching and wait knowing that someday I may be doing the same. I also feel very confident of my Dr.s at NYU if that time comes. Wishing you the best! God Bless, Mickey

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 8 Month MRI Shows Growth...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:43:57 am »
Hi, Mickey:

We all know that re-growth is the AN patient's nightmare and I'm so sorry to learn of yours.  You seem to have the situation under control and are in good hands.  I wish you total success and the absolute end of any possible re-growth.  Keep us informed and place your surgery date on our Treatment Calendar' http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments when you have it or PM me and I'll be happy to do it for you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.