Author Topic: Gamma Knife info needed for newbies  (Read 6117 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Gamma Knife info needed for newbies
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 05:47:49 pm »
Sue, we got is the BoSox! :)  And... I'm doing my update in "AN Community"... or "Post Treatment"... or in "Radiation"... dunno which yet... prolly "AN Community" so everyone can hijack it!

*looks around for Lori and Jan*

And for those of you who have had or are going to have GK and are researching it here.....I send my wishes for continued wellness and let's hope that the zapping does the trick.

*runs off to AN Community*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

janz

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 06:04:06 pm »
It has been 2 years since my Gamma Knife Treatment !!! I had the procedure done at the Gamma Knife Center at UPMC Presbyterian in  Pittsburgh, PA by Dr. Lunsford and team. I have had follow up MRI's and hearing tests and am due for my 2 year MRI very soon.
Happy to report that there has been no change in size of my AN. I have noticed (and so has my family) that I my speech discrimination ability has decreased greatly. It was suggested to me that I should look in to  a CROS type of hearing aid.I did have some hearing loss before treatment and still experience tinnitus which is about the same as it was before the treatment.  I would be happy to answer any specific questions. This forum has had a wealth of info for me and would be happy to share.
Good luck to all,
Janet
ps  There is a great account from Windy, who just had GK with Dr Lunsford under "Post Treatment"
2 cm AN diagnosed April 2006
Gamma Knife August 2006
Dr. Lunsford, University of Pittsburgh

Derek

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 01:17:19 am »
Congrats on your great news Phyl...you are the original inspiration!

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.