Author Topic: New to Board - At the end of my rope!  (Read 7429 times)

FlyersFan68

Re: New to Board - At the end of my rope!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:18:04 pm »
Hi Cindy,
  I've missed this thread a few days ago and was wondering if it helped to relieve some of your frustration? I am amazed by the wonderful support and advice. I know all about the surgery, deafness but minus the headaches. I remember being on a boardwalk a few months following surgery and thinking the same thing you are thinking. Does it get better than this? Headaches aside the answer is a definite YES! Even though all the restrictions were lifted shortly following surgery I personally didn't feel like my old self again until about one year later. It seems that surgery brings everything downhill and then everything begins to climb uphill again each and every day. You'll adjust to the deafness thing but the headaches may be a different story. I was wondering how you made out with the Captain? I'm hoping that the headaches are temporary. If it helps any, I'm four years out from surgery and do everything (if not more) prior to surgery. I play all the major sports with my 10 year old son and even challenge him and his friends sometimes. I'm loving the second childhood. Friends and even spouses may never truly understand these tumors along with surgery but there are some of us here that do including myself. I remember forcing my wife to read a fair amount of AN literature because what affects me will affect her in a way. Nevertheless, I'm just reading through some of the newer posts and just wanted to see how you were.