Author Topic: need a NICE eye patch! beige? white? cute!  (Read 16318 times)

lori67

Re: need a NICE eye patch! beige? white? cute!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 04:23:04 pm »
Oh, sorry, I thought whacks with the ruler usually went to the knuckles.  There go my flashbacks to Catholic school again.... :-\
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 06:42:30 pm »
Does this mean that the “drunken sailors in the wind wearing pirate patches club� is now obsolete? :'(

I'd imagine that the drunken sailors will still need pirate patches, but now, thanks to Steve they'll be styling  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

calimama

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 07:22:02 pm »
OH... tHANKS  Steve...

I am off to "eye patch heavean" to see what i can see... with one good eye of course...

more soon!

cheers,
Trish

ps. i did see the bandaid ones (for kids) at walmart... I might get those to try under sun glasses (sh!!!!!! no one will know!).

Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

calimama

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 08:26:46 pm »
eye patch heaven was looking good... but on holidays til Juy 8, in the mean time my Dad's wife managed to sew up 3 beige ones for me (covered the black ones with fabric and replaced the elastic with beige). I might ask her to make me one with flowers... i saw some cute ones on the website Steve mentioned.

THANKS!
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

lori67

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:43 pm »
Maybe your Dad's wife can start her own eyepatch business!  Who knew there was a need for such a thing, right?  Of course, she'll have to give me a small cut of the profits for coming up with the idea!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

calimama

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 06:01:12 pm »
hey Lori...

not a bad idea... and this is exactly how the eye patch heaven lady got started! i think she is based in California (nice...) but we could probably use this kind of business in Canada! I certainly found NOTHING here...

Trish

Kaybo

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 06:50:48 pm »
Trish~
Should I start sending you scraps??  Really, it could be VERY profittable because it wouldn't take much fabric, but you could still sell them at prices where you'd make some money!!

K   ;)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 09:04:39 am »
I ordered to patches from eye patch heaven - thanks Steve!
I will let you know what they are like when I get them. The black one is tight on me too (and my head is not particularly big) - I measured my head and ordered the right size.
Michelle  ;)
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

calimama

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 07:55:12 pm »
hi Michelle,

Yes please let me know how the patches work out. I am really curious about the clear plastic straps... sounds good to me!

My head is not so big either but the black ones are so tight. they fit my neck better!

Hope you are doing well.

Trish

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 07:35:21 am »
Hi Trish,
I got my eye patches yesterday and they are 'so stylin'. The clear plastic strap is very comfortable - measure your head and order the right size. She has a variety of great styles. Tons of fun. I wanted one with a big eye ball on it but she didn't have that. hehehe She also has a variety of different shapes - I ordered the triangle ones. You can also order your patch to go under glasses (they are flatter). I am happy I ordered them.
I don't have double vision (I hope that gets better for you soon Trish) but when my eye is tired and dry I put tons of lacilube in it, a piece of wet gauze or press and seal and put the patch over and try to forget it for a while.
Anyway let me know how it goes.
Good luck.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:18 am »
http://www.eye-grafx.com/featured_eye_patch.htm

Check out the bling patches....

M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

calimama

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 07:14:24 pm »
Michelle (and all)...

Thanks for the update on your patch order. I think i will order one or two (probably would have before but the lady who makes them was on holidays AND you have to use "paypal"... which i would have to figure out). Also, my dad's wife made me a few beige ones, but i am still thinking to order some... maybe they will be a little smaller, fit better, and be less conspicuous with the clear strap.

How long did it take to get them? Did you have to pay any customs or duty?

i am still having double vision. Will post a longer update on the forum now.

Thanks!

Trish

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 08:30:33 pm »
Hi Trish,
Paypalis fairly easy to use and the patches came within a week (I live in Canada and they came from the States) and no duty. I am wearing one now (my eye is tired). It is very comfortable.
Good luck.
Michelle  ;D

calimama

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 07:09:39 am »
Michelle,

Which size of patch did you order? I would like as small as possible, but obviously need it big enough to provide a "good seal" to protect eye.

Cheers!

Trish

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 07:27:39 am »
Hi Trish,
I ordered the triangle ones (concave), you could go smaller and flatter (to be worn under glasses). I guess it depends whether you want you eye open underneath or not. I think if I order more I might go for a more flatter one because my eye is dry I want it to be closed when I wear mine so I give my eye a rest. I put a line of lacilube, wet piece of gauze and the patch.
If you look on the site she has all different shapes - the circle looks small.
http://www.eyepatchheaven.com/
Good luck, keep in touch.
Michelle  ;D