Author Topic: 2nd year surgery anniversary - Jim Scott  (Read 5876 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2nd year surgery anniversary - Jim Scott
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »
Thanks to Kaybo, Lori, Debbi, Eve, OMG16 and my fellow moderator, Joef as well as Jan, the inveterate poster who is always complimentary, helpful or just plain droll - but never dull.  I deeply appreciate the sincere well-wishes and consider all of you, friends.  You almost make having had an AN worthwhile (I said: 'almost'). :D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 05:44:10 am »
wow! 2 yrs! You've come a LONGGGGGG way, bebe! Congrats, congrats! Hoping you 2 are doing some celebration for this very important anniversary/milestone! :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:40 am »
as well as Jan, the inveterate poster who is always complimentary, helpful or just plain droll - but never dull. 

Um, thanks, Jim - I think.

Droll.  I don't recall ever being called that before LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 09:58:21 am »
Jan:

It's a compliment...really.  :) 

From Webster's online dictionary:  Drollhaving a humorous, whimsical, or odd quality.

Hey, I consider myself to have a 'droll' sense of humor.  You do too.  It's a good thing.  Honest. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 10:06:00 am »
Congratulations, Jim!

You have been a savior to me with your wise postings and caring attitude!  It is appreciated.  To many more ANniversaries.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:35 pm »
Jim -

thanks for the definition of droll - although I was just joking about whether or not it was truly a compliment - I do feel much better after reading the explanation.

I definitely have an "odd quality"   :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

chelsmom

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 09:08:21 pm »
Hi Jim,

I too want to say raise my glass to you and to a great recovery over the last 2 years.  You are always a great positive voice here and the newbies sure need that.  I know I needed to read stories like yours when I first logged on to this site.  Congrats...I hope you and your wife cheered to your countinuing good health.

Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Chelsea's diagnosis and she was a little antsy all day.  She said she was thinking about that day 2 years ago all and how she had to go to school and take her senior finals before we went to the hospital for the MRI and within an hour learned that the ugly tumor was there.  You both were in this at about the same time along with Chris and you've all done so well.  It's also amazing that all 3 of you had large AN's.  I think that you were all blessed to have such good treatment plans.  Everyday I think about what her life would be like had the attempted to remove all the tumor that was (and still is) on the brain stem.  I'm afraid that she would be in a bad way if here at all.  She is due for her next MRI this month and we'll see how the radiation is effecting the tumor.  So far there is no sign of necrosis but it is stable.  I didn't realize until I saw the MRI report in Dec. how large the residule tumor is but like I said it's stable and so for no growth.

Again, here's to your great recovery.

Michelle

wendysig

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 08:17:11 pm »
Jim -
It unlike me to not be extremely punctual so sorry I am late.  Congrats on your two year anniversary of AN-free living.  May you  have many, many more.  I wanted to take  this opportunity to thank you for all your good advice, not just to me personally, but for things I have learned by reading posts you have made to others in this site.  There's just no replacement for experience.  Wishing you all the best.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!