Author Topic: Something to share  (Read 2658 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Something to share
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:48:33 pm »
Hey all!

I just wanted to share with you how pleased I am by the attitude of the doctors and assisting personnel in House Ear Institute, CA, USA.

I just called them last night to ask for a telephone consultation and today Dr House called me back!
Now we are communicating via e-mail.

Has anyone already met with this doctor?

Best wishes,

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Kaybo

Re: Something to share
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:32:17 pm »
Hrissy~
I have not had any dealings with House, but I am sure someone has & will respond to you soon!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:48:47 pm »
Hrissy:

I haven't dealt with the House Ear Clinic but many have and you can see part of the reason they have such a splendid reputation.

I hope everything continues to go as smoothly as you pursue a solution to your AN problem.  Thanks for the update and please keep us informed as to your progress.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:38:53 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 05:24:59 pm »
Hrissy -

thanks for letting us know what's going on with you.  It's been a while and I was wondering how you are.

I don't have any personal experience with HEI, but they do have an excellent reputation.

I am glad to hear you are communicating with Dr. House and I am hopeful that he will be able to help you. 

Please keep updating us on things as they move along.

Best wishes,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways