Author Topic: better after treatment?  (Read 2293 times)

Mickey

better after treatment?
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:34:55 am »
Has anyone eperienced better hearing or better tinnitus after treatment? Just a little something to throw into the mix. Thanks, Mickey

TLC719

• Teresa L Childers
Re: better after treatment?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:30 pm »
Mickey ,  My tinnitus is much better after surgery.Deaf in right ear.Good luck to you.......TLC
Atlanta Ga.AN 2006 right paralysis,balance issues,SS deaf,just happy to be here!

Esperanza

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:09:48 pm »
This is a really interesting question and an interesting answer TLC, as I keep being told my tinnitus is nothing to do with the AN.  Did you have loss of hearing before your op TLC?
Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????

TLC719

• Teresa L Childers
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »
I had ringing in my right ear & I thought it was to many loud concerts plus my my husband is drummer.I thought it was the loud music  that led to my tinnitus.My doctor was amazed that it went away with surgery,& i'm happy about that. I also had some hearing loss .. Teresa
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:22:49 pm by TLC719 »
Atlanta Ga.AN 2006 right paralysis,balance issues,SS deaf,just happy to be here!

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:35:38 pm »
Right now I`m watching and waiting. I`ve had tinnitus for 30 years and minor high pitched hearing loss for about 10 years when I first noticed it. This is why I`m doing what I`m doing and leaving everything alone. I`ve doing neuromonics which seems to be helpful but dosn`t  get rid of the ringing just subdues it. If I knew that an operation could definately preserve hearing and somewhat get rid of tinnitus I would give it a shot. I hear to much to the contrary. Thanks, Mickey