Author Topic: Phyl on official (short term) Moderating hiatus  (Read 15789 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Phyl on official (short term) Moderating hiatus
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:37 am »
K!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, you been missed as well! How are the dear curly girlies? shame on me for not blogging update... have tried to step back from all computers recently to take a break...... Ft. Worth, ok, noted.  How are you feeling?  Have a FAB visit with the bro.... bloke says hi... and will catch up with you later!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:59 am »
Welcome back, Phyl!  You've missed a lot of excitement, but I'm sure there will be more for ya.  The guys did a great job, but it's great to have ya back!  :)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:06 am »
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHYL, welcome back, dear person! We missed you soooooo much. It was great though when you whoooooshed in and let us know you were watching out for us, anyway.  ;)

Take care,

Mary  8)

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 01:06:03 pm »
Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yeah, yeah, I've been watching... more than you know... trust me.. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 01:25:28 pm »
I don't know about Lori, but I plan to bring my laptop on vacation - yes, I'm a true forum addict  :D

So if time, and wireless access permit, I'll still be tuning in  ;)

Got to keep you on your toes, Phyl   ;D LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
Got to keep you on your toes, Phyl   ;D LOL

Jan

my "welcome back", eh?  oy.....   ;D

Phyl

lori67

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2008, 10:22:40 am »
Phyl's back - Phyl's back - YAY!!!!!   ;D

I don't have a laptop (computer, that is)  but I'm sure James will bring his and my daughter will bring hers.  I'm not sure if there's a wireless connection in the sand anyway.   :D  I can just dictate to Jan and she can post for me!   ;D

Otherwise, you'll all just have to miss me for a week!  Now, now...no crying... or cheering >:(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »
Otherwise, you'll all just have to miss me for a week!  Now, now...no crying... or cheering >:(

Now who would cheer  ???  ;D

Just heard from my little bro that the house we are staying in has no wireless access, but there's sure to be many places around town that do.  Plus I'm sure the hotel in NYC will be more than happy to charge me a premium for 2 nights worth of access  ;)

Don't worry, Lori.  We'll find access for you some way.  We wouldn't want you to go through withdrawal  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MLB57

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 05:21:39 pm »
 ;D Hi Phyl!!!

Just wanted to chime in and add my "Glad to see you are back" sentiment --I hope your hiatus was for FUN reasons, but never-the-less I'm glad to know you are a'watchin' us all again!!!

Hey, any inside info on what type of radiation Ted Kennedy is having at Mass General? I know he's half way thru so it's either Proton Beam or LINEAC??? :-X

Looking forward to our Fall Brunch--whenever that will be!!!   ???
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

elliemae

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »
Hi, gang
MLB/Mary, I was also wondering about Ted K., considering that I am also considering the proton road now.  Maybe we'll hear eventually.

And, Phyl ... welcome back (are you REALLY here??)

Elaine

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008, 05:52:07 am »
And, Phyl ... welcome back (are you REALLY here??)

naw, I'm just a figment of my imagination!  ;)

Re: TedK.... I believe he's doing LINAC, same time as chemo... double whammy, very aggressive. I have to commend him for his mental strength enduring all that (including the surgery not too long ago).  I know complaints of fatigue have set in  but saw him in the news this am re: his brief return to Capital Hill.... I have to say... he looked good for all he is enduring.  I did get a thank you email from him/Vicki noting their appreciation of my well wishes/prayers..... which, I honestly didn't expect (I had left a message with his Boston office)... was nice of them to think of me/us (me and da bloke) when they have their own full hands. Honestly didn't expect to hear from them. 

Phyl

lori67

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:40 am »
Rubbing elbows with the Kennedy clan?  Wow - the perks of moderator-ship are endless!   :D

I'm sure when they feel up to it, they'll get in the cah and take you out to a nice bah for chowdah.   :D

I did see him on the news though and thought he looked quite well considering all he's dealing with.  Those New England folks are a tough breed!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

elliemae

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 12:08:25 pm »
Glad you're back, Phyl!

I'm not really too surprised about you getting a response on your well-wishes for Ted K, especially knowing how he was there for you when you needed him.  For all the naysayers out there, he really is supportive of his constituents.

I'll bet he's having the LINAC too, like Mary.  But wondering about when/how they decide between that and the proton therapy, which after a consult w/Dr Loeffler, I am now considering ... so here I am again in the agonizing decision mode!  Ted s/b an inspiration to me; seeing how tough he is, maybe some will rub off...!!

And, Lori, when Phyl, Ian,Ted & Vicki go to the baah, they're going to have a nice beeah with that chowdah, right?  ;D

Take care, everyone (ncluding Ted)!
Elaine

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2008, 02:16:09 pm »
Phyl:

Along with my being happy to have you back I'm duly impressed with your 'Kennedy Connection'. 

That his office sent an acknowledgment of your well-wishes helps explain why Senator Kennedy has been in office since 1962.  That he looks well for a 76 year old man battling brain cancer is not surprising.  Not only is the Kennedy clan resilient but of course, the senator has the very best of care.  I may not be a Ted Kennedy fan but I respect his office, his long (46 years) service to his constituents and his indomitable spirit as he goes into battle against a deadly form of cancer, late in life and likely just as frightened as any of us would be.  I wish him success in his fight and will continue to include him in my prayers, as will many others, I'm sure.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 02:43:03 pm »
not all that connected folks, but yes... he was there in time of our need... and wanted him to know that we were with him in thoughts/prayers. It was a simple 3 sentence email but that fact it was sent was impressive to me.  Being the true "Baah-stonian" that I am... and knowing the Sr. Senator represents me and so many others that are a "tough breed" ;)..... well, I continue prayers and wishes to him..... I know what you all and myself and my sister went through... so, I continue my wishes to him.  Jim, the clan is resilient? Oh, are they ever.... honestly, I  know I have mental strength but I have no clue where they get their's from.... I truly do commend him/them.

Elaine.... YAY!!! Haven't seen you in ages!!!!!!!!!  :-*  Grammy Mary!!!!!!!!!   :-*  :-*