Author Topic: Ck - The Great Cyberknife adventure here at BNI in Phoenix Arizona  (Read 52487 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Ck - The Great Cyberknife adventure here at BNI in Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:27 am »
Mary,

You didn't think I'd miss this, didcha? :)

Sending MAJOR wellness wishes for tomorrow!  I know you are in fabulous hands tomorrow.... hang tough... know I am cheering you on..... you are going to do fab.  Deep breaths and as you go through it... .just think of Matthew McConnehay (sp?) drizzled in Hershey's syrup as noted in the "Good Morning" thread!  Works like a charm! :)

Onward and upward, Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Will check on you later!

xoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 08:10:41 am »
...Matthew M dripping in chocolate?!?!  What have I been missing in that "Good Morning" thread?  Guess I'm going to have to wonder over there and see what's going on...

But, Mary, that definitely sounds like quite a visual to help you get through your treatment.  Again, good thoughts going your way!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:17 pm »
Mary -

just wanted to say, once again, good luck tomorrow! 

I'll be thinking good thoughts on your behalf!  I hope everything goes well.

Annette -  congratulations on being a postie  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:06 pm »
Go, Mary, we are rooting for you, it will be fine, best wishes, all that stuff!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Anomar11

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 07:34:37 pm »
Hi Mary,

I'm new here.  Been following your posts and they're very informational.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Mona
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:56 pm »
Hi,  ;D

I am now a postie......YEA! It went well, I am just TIRED so I wioll write tomorrow. I wore my pirate socks and they helped me sail on through. I will write more tomorrow, but wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all how sent prayers, best wishes, positive thoughts etc. It helped more than even imaginable. Till tomorrow....

Take care,

Mary  8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Kaybo

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:48 pm »
Mary~
Thoughtabout you all day -- glad it is all over for you!!  Get some rest...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 09:53:08 pm »
I also thought about you all day.

I'm so glad everything went well.

Congratulations, postie  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 11:42:54 pm »
Post-Toastie Mary. Has a nice ring!

See you later, get some sleep.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

cindyj

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 09:04:14 am »
Alright, Mary!!!  Hope you were able to rest last night - will be looking for your updates...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 09:46:18 am »
Hello dear friends!  :)

Thank you for all your support and encouragement and congrats!

Today I feel Mahvelous, as Billy Crystal would say. I am a little dizzy, but I was dizzy before CK. I have no headache or any other symptom I didn't have before the CK. I slept like a rock last night.I am hoping I am inserting a photo here. If there is gibberish, I goofed and will need help from someone to tell me how to do it. If it worked, YEA!

So I woke up EARLY yesterday, like Santa was coming or something. I wanted to get it over and I was ready and felt very comfortable with my decision. My sweet husband, Weldon, and I left very EARLY because the Hospital is 25-35 miles away into the downtown area of Phoenix. We got there EARLY. Yep, gotta EARLY theme goin' on here. Than we had to wait needless to say. They weren't as excited about this event, like I was.  ;D When Amanda called me back, we went straight to the CK room, going through the control center for the CK. That was interesting with all the monitors and equipment. One of my doctors was already there. So Weldon took a picture of the 2 of us. Amanda explained what was going to happen with whurs clicks and chunk sounds that "Cybie" would make while zapping my AN, "Goldie". She showed me how the mask is connected to the table. It is not screwed on like I imagined it has clips that twirl into place (like the back of a photograph) and voila - it is attached. We took p[ictures as I was attached, unfortunately they turned out fuzzy. I will post a couple of the better of them.

I asked how I can get released if I needed it after we started. She said she had a monitor just for her, where she will be attending to my needs. As you might remember, I am claustrophobic and this mask intimidated me. I did take happy pills, although I did notice just a small difference and no such "happy". :D  I wore my pirate socks! I am a loyal wench! (For those of your reading this saying, huh??? Go to the "Good Morning" thread under AN Community and read first 10 -pages or so of that thread.) I had made my own eclectic CD with sentimental music, classics, calming music of different styles, and some upbeat fun music. Amanda had some trouble with her CD player, but she didn't give up. She found a boom box and put my CD in there. Talk about customer service! It was great to hear that special music.

So after the explanations, questions, etc. I was TIGHTLY affixed to the table. TIGHTLY! This was the part I had dreaded, but I soon adjusted to it, staying as still as possible, it became less and less of an issue. I opened my eyes a couple of times to see my new friend diligently doing his job, somehow that was calming to me. My job was to stay still, his was to zap "Goldie". If I started feeling panicky I would think about how good I feel about my decision, how good it will be to be a toastie, where we will go to lunch, ANYTHING that kept my mind busy. For those of you that are claustrophobic, If I got through it, you can too. It is painless, I felt great afterwards and The happy pills worked.

Before I knew it 50 minutes had passed and Amanda said cheerfully, "You're done!" I will see Dr Daspit in 6 months and have a follow up MRI to compare the tumor. If I have ANY questions, they want me to call. The nurse will call me today to see how I am doing.

Anyway, time went surprizingly fast. We took the mask (great for Halloween). When we went outside, I posed in my whole pirate outfit and the mask, the photo above, if I did it right. If that photo works, I will post more photos.

Take care all,

Happy Post Toastie Mary in Arizona

CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 09:47:01 am »
Can someone tell me how to post photos?

Thanks,

Mary

Kaybo

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 11:23:29 am »
Mary~
I sure don't know about pictures (did you change your aviator picture too b/c now it isn't showing anything).  I am so glad it is over for you!  WOW!!  That sure sounds like the way to go!  Aren't you glad you just have to do it once?

Congradulations!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 11:49:01 am »
Mary,

I knew your claustrophobia was going to be difficult..... but..... do you know just how dang proud of you I am?  :-*

Ok, pic in post... make sure you posted your pic online (ie: Photogallery, frappr, etc). Once posted there, hold the mouse over the pic and right-click the mouse. Pop up window opens.  Scroll down to "Properties".  Once Properties opens, there is a URL address there for the pic.  Highlight it and "copy" (cntrl-C)

then, come here to post.  In choosing "reply", click the picture Icon above noted as  "Insert image".  You will see brackets with the letter I in them (2 of them). In the middle of the 2 sets of bracketed-I, do a "Paste" (contrl-V) and you will see the URL you copied inserted.  Hope that helps.

Postie-Toasty-Mary... I truly am proud of you!  You've done good! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 12:09:33 pm »
Thank you!

Phyl, Okay, I will try to retrieve the picture off my family blog. I am so happy I go only one day. I did get adjusted to the mask so I think each day would be easier, but no more days! The nurse at the hospital has already called to check on me. I really think I am doing great. You have been such support to me, you will never know and I GREATLY appreciate all your kind words during your hiatus.

Kay, Is my avatar back??? I didn't do anything with it. "Here Avatar", "Sit!", "Stay". Well, it usually works with the dogs. It shows on my 'puter so if it is still gone, please let me know.  I am glad it is over and feel thankful and blessed. Now all I do is monitor for unwanted changes. Hopefully, today's condition is a good omen.

Lots of hugs to you both!

Mary