Author Topic: Another question  (Read 5184 times)

zeek

Re: Another question
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »
Thanks for the info. I'm 6'4" 250#. But, my 88 year old dad is 6'2" 230# and is still alive and active, so I don't really worrry about being large. (It's a good large) hee hee. Not all fat. Dad's hands are like bear paws! huge. Anyway my blood sugar is fine, my colesterol is fine, and blood preasure perfect 120/70. I do take water pills, and Vytorin though. And I'm active, usually walking a mile or so in evenings. I'm not allowed to pickup anything over 10# yet, so I'm sure my upper body is not as strong as it usually is.
Today was a good busy day, no depresstion this evening.

TP

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 09:18:13 pm »
I totally understand the nighttime blues. It will be almost two years since my AN was removed. I jumped back into work after three surgeries within 2.5 months of my AN being removed. I have been working nonstop. I have been extremely positive for the most part. HOWEVER, I find that my SSD keeps me from going places, I don't like large crowds, I am tired of missing half of what people say when I do go out to eat or talk to folks in church. In addition, I miss my smile, not that I had a great smile but I would love to be able to open my mouth and give a big ole smile. My face hurts quit a bit due to paralysis and I miss crying (not that I was a cryer but when you can't do it you miss it : ) I do not have any tears in my left eye and I think it would do me good if I could cry once in a while. For some reason the tears in my right eye don't seem to compensate for the left eye. To look at me you wouldn't think anything is wrong until I smile or if I get tired. 

Now for the latest, I never have taken any drugs unless they were antibiotics or aspirin for headache. I have been feeling stressed lately due to my long hours working. I finally asked my Dr if I could take something for stress. The first medication he prescribed made me very sick and tired so after two weeks he switched it and then I started on another prescription a little over a week and half ago and developed a bad rash. So now I am off of taking stress medication. I was on it for a total of 3.5 weeks. Oh well, I find at night this is when it bugs me the most. I don't share my frustrations with my friends because I don't want to complain and I don't want my burdens on their shoulders. I feel so blessed that I am alive and able to exercise, work and do everything I did before. Let's face it, we do have disabilities and it is something we deal with daily. I haven't been to this site in several weeks, it does me good to read some of the issues we all are facing.
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 09:42:58 pm »
TP -

have you considered a TransEar or BAHA for your SSD?

I'm just wondering since I realized I was very depressed post op from being SSD.  I've had the BAHA surgery and will get my device in about 2 weeks.  I'm hoping it will help with some of the hearing issues you mention.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50:20 pm »
TP~
I know what you mean about the crying thing - I am not a big cryer either, but I really don't cry as much anymore (since the AN) - I always figured it was kind of like why do it , when it wasn't coming from both eyes!!  I haven't had a REALLY good cry in over 12 years!!  I guess in a way that is a good thing!!
 ???
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

TP

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 08:54:15 pm »
Hey Jan and K:

Jan, I haven't thought about a BAHA cuz I didn't realize it would work. Since I am totally deaf in my left ear I just "assumed" that I had to live this way. Maybe I will look into that, I can't wait to hear how it works out for you!

K, 12 years, wow. You are a tough person. I guess you get use to your face not reacting to things? You are so right about crying on one side, it really doesn't do it justice....
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 10:51:46 pm »
Jan, I haven't thought about a BAHA cuz I didn't realize it would work. Since I am totally deaf in my left ear I just "assumed" that I had to live this way. Maybe I will look into that, I can't wait to hear how it works out for you!

TP -

I'll definitely let you know what I think once I get my processor.  Only about 2 weeks to go! 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways