Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 5223 times)

sher

Tinnitus
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:53 pm »
I am starting to have tinnitus in my good ear... has anyone had that happen... I know I have alot of fluid in my ears right now and often have pressure in my sinus's....Does allergy meds help anyone with the wonkiness??
Still in wait and watch and leaning towards CK in Sept.
Have a great day everyone!
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:52:40 pm »
I have a little "T" in my good ear... its hardly noticeable compared to the AN ear..  :(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »
Ditto Joef. I have had the dreaded "T" for as long as I can remember but it is certainly worse in the AN side.
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:36:18 am »
Same here, I have it in both ears, constantly.  I am able to ignore it for most of the day. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Catflower

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:42 am »
I have also started to have occasional tinnitus in my good ear.  I mentioned this to my doctor and he said this is common in people with some hearing loss and that I do have some loss in my good ear.

Linda

mema

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 03:34:38 pm »
Off and on I get a clicking sound in my good ear.  I don't know if that could be classified as "Tinnitus"

Mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

luv2teachsped

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:08:42 pm »
I too have the clicking tinnitus now in my AN ear.  I googled it, and found it IS  tinnitus. Drives me nuts sometimes!!!!!!!!!! :)luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

lholl36233

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:19 pm »
I've found my tinnitus is better since I've greatly reduced my caffeine intake.  I should cut it out all together eventually.  Baby steps...
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »
I am W&W also, and I started having high pitched noises (like crickets) in my AN ear a couple of days ago.  Have had high pitched noises in the past, but it has never lasted more than a minute or so.  This is constant, and I really notice it the most when I am alone with no noise to block it out.  Freaky.  I hope it goes away--for you and for me.  Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

bills

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 05:39:00 am »
i have ringing in both ears. in my opinion,for most people, the scariest part of an is the association with nf2. so ringing in each ear is alarming. last mri indicated solitary an. i am thankful.

Maverell

• Acoustic Neuroma and Me
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 05:52:58 am »
I also have tinnitus in my good ear. But, in line with many other people here, its worse in the bad one !

Also the 'volume' of the ringing and its 'tone' varies from day to day ! It takes a bit of getting used to.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »
I know I have tinnitus in my AN ear now, and I think it is cranking up in my nonAN ear now.  I do have some slight hearing loss in my nonAN ear.  In fact, my AN ear actually has better hearing than my nonAN ear.  I really don't understand those hearing booths and their accuracy.  Sometimes the numbers are all over the place.  The doc told me last week that hearing outside the booth can be different.  Is this so?   Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »
Sorry I haven't posted for a while but for all of us who have "T" it is a disease. I belong to the ATA and for those starting out with "T" I am here to tell you if you get it and it is full blown you can count on living with it the rest of your life. I have had it for 35 years and don't remember ever not having it. Right after my AN operation it started to get worse. I get the brunt of the problems after I have been up and around doing chores. Like if it's 85 degrees and I just finished mowing the lawn. It abloslutely mind blowing. It some times gets so bad that I lay down and have the room blacken. It will bring me to my knees sometimes. The latest sound is a swishing sound and now the ssounds in my head actually change with movement of my eyes. There is only legislation in Congress right for funding a cure. It's only because one of our congressmen has the "T". No medications, homopathic, or witch doctor can help. So I am sorry for this post but you have to know if you have the "T" there is a wonderful web site <ATA.Com> and forum we need all the support we can get to help fund this sickness.  Bob :-\
Bob

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 07:39:38 am »

Yep ... I have the eye movement "T" also ... Its there all the time .. but I can change the pitch by moving my eye !!  that started after the surgery  ...
  actually the days after surgery it was not to bad... of course I was on morphine then  ;D and even resting at home was not to bad... the day I started work again ... it went though the roof again ... drag.....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

sgerrard

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 05:59:50 pm »
Yep ... I have the eye movement "T" also ... Its there all the time .. but I can change the pitch by moving my eye !! 

Can you make it play a tune?   :D

Here is Joe "tinnitusing" Dixe:  ::)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.