Author Topic: Tired of falling  (Read 7868 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Tired of falling
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 09:19:26 pm »

I'm prepping to do my 2nd Breast Cancer Walk in May for a very dear breast cancer survivor friend of mine (breast cancer patient last year, breast cancer survivor this year) and last year...

Hey, Phyl -

if you are still looking for sponsors for your walk, please PM me the link.  I usually sponsor one or two people I work with, but no one I know is doing the walk this year.  I'd be more than willing to sponsor you and to give to this very worthwhile cause.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Tired of falling
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 02:29:52 pm »
Last year I had my hair cut off and donated 15 inches to Locks of Love ... I did it at our local
Relay For Life all night walk...then I walked a while ... but since it was the night before my surgery
I didn't stay all night ...figured rest would be better for me than walking in circles all night long

I am wondering how I can walk this year... each team has walkers on the track all night long...
Cancer Never Sleeps and so For A night We Won't Either is the on going theme of Relay For Life...

there are luminaries around the track , which is the 1/4 mile track at the high school ... now my balance
at night sucks... they usually don't allow flashlights but I don't see making it without more than
candles in bags ... we are having a mini relay at school with the kids participating and raising money
to go to county chapter...I may walk with them at school and forget big one in town ...could just go by
and eat and let the kids play the games they have set up to keep kids busy...all money from food and games
goes to team of your choice

I usually just walk because it is a good cause ... But this year have my mom to walk for ... she was
diagnosed in October with breast cancer and has had three surgeries and radiation /chemo since ....very
strong short round ... they think they got it all and are watching her now... time will tell....

Maybe they would make an exception and let me use a flashlight... I have to see the ground...I
had not thought of this problem til I read this post  ???
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery