Author Topic: The Weight Wait is Over  (Read 7022 times)

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
Re: The Weight Wait is Over
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 12:09:37 pm »
Yea! I am glad for you!  ;D

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

er

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 11:33:05 pm »
Hello LADavid.
Having the weight in my left eyelid and after I had it removed didn't help with my balance.
By my understanding being ssd hearing is the issue. It is like having a cold and your ears are plugged you tend to not have very good balance.
eve

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 07:01:12 am »
Having the weight in my left eyelid and after I had it removed didn't help with my balance.
By my understanding being ssd hearing is the issue. It is like having a cold and your ears are plugged you tend to not have very good balance.

I am SSD and only have very slight balance issues - mostly when I am very tired.  Most AN patients are off balance post op, but your body does adjust.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 08:46:36 am »
I echo Jan - the times I notice balance are when I am very tired.  Also, when the weather changes, my balance seems to be slightly off - which I believe is related to barometric pressure.  Of course, I am still patching my eye at night, so my balance is worse then, too!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com