Author Topic: Latest consult  (Read 2036 times)

cindyj

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1434
Latest consult
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:45:47 pm »
 Well, once again I was very pleased w/ the doctor I met w/ today (a neurosurgeon).  He recommends either GK or waiting 6 mos to look at growth.  None of the docs I have seen have tried to push me in any certain direction (actually, I almost wish one of them would tell me what I should do...).  I sent my reports to House to see what they recommend, but am waiting to hear back from them.  Once I do, I think I will step back a bit for awhile and not think about making a final decision - I think???  Although, on the other hand, I would really like to have this settled and get on with it, whatever "it" is...see I've already changed my mind while sitting here writing this...

One thing's for sure, I will continue to be here daily to see how all of you are doing - it's amazing how I've come to be dependent/addicted(?) to this site...

Phyl, I am working on coming up w/ a name for my little AN guy...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10820
  • I am a success story!
Re: Latest consult
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:19:55 pm »
cindyj -

IMO, unless there is some specific medical reason you should pick one treatment over another, no good doctor will try to push you into a specific treatment decision.  Personal choice is very highly recommended.  Some people like to step back and think about their options before making a decision, some just want it over with as fast as possible.  No one can say which method is right for you.

You'll know what's best for you when the time comes.  There's a lot to digest and it's a hard decision to make.

Best of luck,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Glenda

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
Re: Latest consult
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:12:43 pm »
Hi Cindy,
There are some good dr's out there which make the decision harder.  You will also find they have differing opinions.  Just weigh the options and decide what is best for you.  There is alot of good information on this site.  Read read read.....I am currently waiting and watching, thank goodness mine was found while it is small and I have that option.  I'm not sure how big your AN is but hopefully you will have time to make a decision that feels right to You.. I sent my MRI to House, it took a week to get a reply, so don't get nervous.  They are really busy out there.  I was VERY pleased with the Dr I spoke with and impressed with his kindness. 
Hang in there !
Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver


SSD tinnitus dizziness

 


anything