Author Topic: I can't wear the BAHA...  (Read 6601 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I can't wear the BAHA...
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »
Lori

You're right. The Dr's nurse handed me the BAHA box and told me where the audiologist was and that was it. I think a lot of Drs are in it for the money...from what I've experienced in the last 9 months.

That is just SO sad.  I hope you find a better doctor, Dani.

We are thinking of you and hoping for the best.  Take care of yourself and keep us updated on your situation.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dpetty

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:48:32 pm »
Well Dr. Dornhoffer at UAMS in Little Rock is top in his field, never regreted once going with him, my cousin developed a simliar type of brain tumor but he wouldn't listen and went with a Dr I flat turned down, sad to say this is his 3rd tumor now as the doctor he is using never gets it all out so it comes back worse each time, needless to say his outlook is getting grim....

David

danijake

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:20 am »
 Wish  I was in Little Rock!

I'm awake, but not happy with it! I have another pounding headache. My sister's baby woke me up 'cause he "lost" his pacifier. I heard him and jumped up before he woke up the other two kids, and BLAM-there it was. Igave him the paci and took my ibuprofen. Now I just have to wait......... :(

dpetty

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:07 am »
Well UAMS (Univeristy of Arkansas for Medical Sciences) is on the level of John Hopkins as a teaching hospital, my tumor was 12mm in size,agressive and pretty nasty, Dr Dornhoffer trained in Germany under the top AM doctor.

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 05:56:15 am »
Lori~
I didn't get you (or anyone else) called yesterday!  I am SO sorry -- I will try again!
Hope your headache is better...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 09:25:19 am »
K-

Thanks.  I don't have a headache and didn't have one yesterday, so I guess is it better!

Uh, did you mean to address that to Dani, by any chance?  he he...  Did we take one too many painkillers this morning?   :D

At any rate, Dani, I hope your headache gets better too!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.