Author Topic: Still swelling?  (Read 2388 times)

marystro

Still swelling?
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:34:28 pm »
The dreaded shooting nerve pain in my nose came back recently.  I was hoping it was gone for good given the reduction in size of the tumor at 18 month MRI follow up.  Does anyone have experience of residual effects even 20+ months after Cyberknife treatment?

Mary
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:43:32 pm by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Still swelling?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 12:23:37 pm »
Hey Mary- sorry you are having a reoccurrence.  I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't had any major problems post ck.  I am more conscience of my symptoms, but realize that my throbbing jaw was mostly caused by stress due to driving and traffic.  I still have the low hum  in the AN ear, but it's not an issue for me, more like white noise.

Pain in ear occurs when I have too much sodium and/or caffeine, lots of water usually clears that up.  Worse case, I take advil gel tabs.

I have been working with a health store taking supplements to clear up congestion.  I actually took some pro biotics and found that my nose is much clearer as a result.  Perhaps this is an option?  Mind you I am skeptical of alternative, but after working with Stanford ENT, 2 rounds of antibiotics, 1 round of steriods and 2 separate nasal sprays, my nose is much better post pro biotic treatment... so I am now a cautious believer. (I think the other helped but didn't deliver the final punch that the probiotics did.

Take care, hope you get better- Annie

Take care
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

marystro

Re: Still swelling?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:05:42 pm »
Hi Annie,

I hate to be a whiner but this electric shock thing is really nerve wrecking (no punch intended).  Still have the shooting pain on and off... almost 4 weeks now.  It was more intense and more frequent the last 2 days but still not as bad as when it re-occured 4 weeks ago.  Mind you, it's still bad and scarry.  Like you have no control of this coming and going and it hurts when it hits!

However I noticed when I am busy the symptoms seem to recede to the background.  So I go for a walk a lot and just keep busy around the house cleaning or cooking.  Lorenzo even taught me a ANkb (Almost No knead bread) the other day and I already baked several loaves.

I wonder if the shrinking of the tumor is pulling and tugging at the trigeminal nerve...  I hope there is an end to this. sigh...

Stanford says this nerve pain is self limiting (at least the nurse says, the doctor is more conservative and does not render any opinion)...  I am really hoping this goes away some day.  No fun  >:(

What are the probiotics that you are taking?  Sounds wonderful to at least clear congestion. 

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm