Author Topic: Surgeons in Australia?  (Read 2287 times)

curious

Surgeons in Australia?
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:20:05 am »
Hi,

As this is my first discussion group ever please excuse any "leaners difficulties". My sister has just recently been dianosed with a 2.5cm she is 40 and otherwise healthy. Apart from mild hearing loss she has experienced no other symptoms. it is a two week wait to see a surgeon and i was wondering if anyone has any information on surgeons in Australia particularly melbourne? It would seem from my reading that the more expeienced/skilled  the surgeon the better the post op results.

Could others with similar size who have had treatment offer any more information,  as it would seem that "size does matter" LOL :D

Any insight would be greatly valued.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Surgeons in Australia?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:00 am »
Hi curious and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your sister but there is a lot of support and info here for you.

We have our in-house Aussie, Larry, here on this site.  His AN was treated by Dr Chang at St Vincents in Sydney.  I know of others from your area (I thought there was someone here from Melbourne but the screenname escapes me.....), but Larry is a good starting point as well.  You can send him a "PM" (private message/email) here on this site by finder his user name in the Profiles section and clicking on his profile (on the bottom, you see an option to send a PM).

Please tell your sister I send wellness wishes... and again, welcome to you both.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

curious

Re: Surgeons in Australia?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:32:32 am »
Thank you so much Phyl for your speedie reply i will do as you suggested. :)