Author Topic: Eye Weight Surgery Question  (Read 8918 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Eye Weight Surgery Question
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 05:35:49 pm »
You know, like I  always say, insurance companies are a necessary evil  :(

When I think of all the procedures they hold up just because they don't understand them or understand why we need them, I just want to scream!!!!

While I am extremely grateful that mine covered my entire AN surgery and is now theoretically on the path to paying for my BAHA surgery and processor, I was also very disappointed that they took 6+ months to make a "ruling" on the BAHA coverage.

Hang in there, David - they will see the error of their ways.  Sorry you had to put your plans on hold in the meantime though.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 12:34:53 pm »
Thanks all of you for your understanding.  It's just a frustration at the moment.  I'm sure my doctor will get them straightened out.  Even the doctors assistant commented on the fact that the SAG insurance rep was very rude. Ugh.I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I may have missed it but how was your consultation, K?
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 02:09:05 pm »
David -

K said in another post that she has scheduled the T3 surgery - and it's relatively soon - I forget the exact date.  She talks about it in the post for the ANA Book Club located under the ANA Community section.   What she says is very encouraging; check it out.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 02:56:40 am »
LA I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the insurance denial dance.  Nancy is 100% correct and it is Medically Necessary!  Do you know how the procedure and diagnosis  are being coded, that could be part of the problem.  Have you called the insurance yourself and asked to talk to a supervisor and explained why the surgery is needed?  It would be worth a try I have found that sometimes when patients get involved we can get things resolved rather quickly.  If you need some help with this just send me a PM and I would be happy to help you.  We may be able to take care of it first thing next week.

I love your recovery idea and am very jealous.  I hope you will be there soon.  Happy Birthday early.  Your Birthday is the day before K's T3 surgery.  Maybe she should join you at bestfriends and the 2 of you can tear the place up.

Kisses to your forehead.  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

LADavid

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 04:46:47 pm »
Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I turn (gulp) 60 on Thursday.  Well I guess it's about time for me to grow up and move into my mid-life so I can have one of those crisis-things.

BTW, you all may appreciate this.  My ex took me to see the Moody Blues last week (long time fan).  I spent the first half of the concert adjusting my hearing aid.  I think half the fans in attendance were doing the same thing..

Have a great weekend.
David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 05:04:01 pm »
David~
I am going to have to send you birthday wishes early as I will be kind of busy on Thursday -- & off and on airplanes!!

I guess instead of a mid-life crisis car, you will have to settle for a horse in Utah!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 05:55:09 pm »
Hey K

I like the horse in Utah idea.

Real good luck with the T3 this week.  Can't wait to hear about the success.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless and have a safe trip.

David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

er

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 11:28:33 pm »
Hello LADavid.
Having the weight in my left eyelid and after I had it removed didn't help with my balance.
By my understanding being ssd hearing is the issue. It is like having a cold and your ears are plugged you tend to not have very good balance.
eve