Author Topic: Headaches Post AN Surgery  (Read 14782 times)

danijake

Re: Headaches Post AN Surgery
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 08:09:25 am »
Ibuprofen eases the pounding, but the headache is still there. So I take lots of ibuprofen and Pepcid AC for my tummy. I can handle a dull ache, but not "the heartbeat" :'(

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 04:11:34 pm »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 06:07:55 pm »
Wow, Deb just read that article and really sounds promising!  Thanks for posting. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

cgreen

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 11:41:30 pm »
hi...I am new to this discussion forum, so please forgive me if I am out of turn.  I am at my wits end and am hoping someone has a similar ailment and maybe an answer...so far I have been unable to find a doctor who can figure this out...

Before my surgery, I lead a very active life style...running, biking, soccer, paddling, tennis...you name it, I loved it....

It took a while to get my feet back on the ground.   I have headaches daily and have been told that is too be expected.  The really weird thing is that whenever I exercise I get this horrible stabbing pain in the front part of my ear.  It's like a knitting needle stabbing me in the side of my head...it's awful, not to sound like a baby but it can bring me to tears. 

Anyone out there experiencing this crazy pain?....I refuse to live my life horizonal!

Thanks for listening...Cindy....

(edited to remove personal contact info......)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:49:06 am by ppearl214 »

staypoz

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 06:23:53 am »
Hi, Cindy.  Those of us who post in the "headache" section know exactly what you're talking about.  You should geta copy of the ANA's booklet on headaches.  I think you will find it and this forum very helpful. 

staypoz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 07:52:03 am »
Hi Cindy and welcome.... glad you found us here and looking forward to your further participation.  so many here that can share experiences with you about post treatment headaches and do hope that the responses help to bring you answers you seek out.... hang in there... the headaches are a true bugger.

Phyl

(FYI... site rules note that we're not suppose to post private info, which includes contact/phone/email, etc info... http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=4.0. Suggestion is to have folks here PM -- private email -- you here on the site and you all can share personal info behind the scenes.  No worries..... just FYI for future use.... again, welcome! :) )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"