Author Topic: Portland, OR. ANA meeting Feb 23  (Read 2145 times)

sgerrard

Portland, OR. ANA meeting Feb 23
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:10:16 pm »

Caring and Sharing

Friends, family and interested persons are welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 1:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Vincent Hospital
Conference room 6
9205 SW Barnes Rd.
Portland, OR 97225

http://pdxana.org/

Marg, Sue, 4, this means you... :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Portland, OR. ANA meeting Feb 23
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:39:12 am »
Hey Steve,

Thanks for letting everyone know... if you do get to meet these folks, please report in to make sure that we don't have to collect bail money for you all! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lorenzo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:02:29 am »
Bail money? It's happening at a hospital. oh, maybe the afters are somewhere else... God luck with that Steve!
Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:49:14 pm »
Sorry to disappoint, but we all behaved ourselves.  ;)

When I was describing my hearing status, Marc piped up when I wasn't looking at him, and asked "do you have any directional hearing left?" Hearing this, my eyes went searching around the room, trying to figure out who had said it. They all had a good laugh watching me. So we did have a bit of fun.  :D

The most interesting story was a woman who went to House for a middle fossa surgery in January. For the first time ever, according to her, they could not find a tumor! The doctors had reviewed the MRI several months earlier, and agreed with the radiologist that there was an 8mm AN. Yet they found no tumor when they got inside. She is doing fine, and will have another MRI in April. I wonder what that will show?

4 was there, and looking well I might add, her eye movement is very natural looking. Jackie was also there, looking good as always, and I think she will be mailing off some MRIs shortly, including to Chang at Stanford. There was also a gentleman of 89 years, who has been in watch-and-wait mode for about 7 years now. I get the impression that at 89, life in general tends toward watch-and-wait...

Cheers to  all,

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:12:03 am »
Seems I never make it to our local support group.  For one thing, I hate driving over to St. Vincent's, and then it seems I usually have something else going on. Maybe one of these times, I'll get there!

Sue (in Vancouver)
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode