Author Topic: had a baby  (Read 2790 times)

cheeka

had a baby
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »
hello,
everyone i recently gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl on jan 13, 2008 2yrs post op
i was concerned with the pushing that goes along w/regular birth and requested a c-section but, i ended up having regular birth
with no pressure on my head. i feel great but i am now feeling anxious about my annual MRI due in may.
i hope all of the hormone changes during pregnancy hasn't made the tumor come back. i had my first born before being diagnosed
and was told that the pregnant hormones most likely made the tumor grow bigger faster than usual. i also remember having frequent
headaches after giving birth to my first born because of the then undiagnosed tumor. and now after giving birth to my second child post
op i am getting headaches again. i pray that the tumor has not come back.
13MM AN RIGHT SIDE
RETROSIGMOID
JAN 4,2006 IN NYC
BY #1 DOC/SURGEON

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: had a baby
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:30:03 pm »
Cheeka -

congratulations on the birth of your baby!

I'm so glad everything turned out all right.  :)

I, too, pray that your AN hasn't returned. 

Please keep us posted,

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »
I'm stealing OMG 16's line, kiss her on her forehead....and her little tootsies and her round little belly and her chubby cheeks and don't forget the top of her head.  Many hugs and kisses from the Great White North.  We have lots of snow in Southern Ont.  Enjoy both of your babies.  Try not to worry to much about your MRI in May.  I know it is easier said than done.  I have always had headaches since I was 13.  Be a good mom, relax and enjoy.  

Ah to snuggle a bundle and to smell that baby smell.  Boohoo my babies are 17,18,19 &21.

Take care Cheeka,  rest when the babies rest.  Keep us posted.
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:26:13 pm »
Let's hope the headaches are due to dealing with not 1 but 2 little ones?

I too will pray that it is NOT the AN.

Congratulations, & always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:00:13 pm »
Cheeka~~
Congratulations!!  I had 3 girlies after I had surgery and no tumor regrowth.  After my third, we were convinced that it had returned because I was having headaches again (& my balance was even worse), but I got another MRI & everything was OK.  I think it was just that I was REALLY tired from a new baby...nursing and nighttime feedings (plus I had a 19 month old and a 5  year old!).  Get an MRI, but know you are probably OK and enjoy that new baby!! I wish I had a new baby!! (I stopped after 3 healthy ones - I figured that a brain tumor, stroke, 4 miscarriages and then shots every day w/ the last 2 was enough...oh, I forgot,an IV w/the last one!!) :o  My youngest will be 5 next week!!   :-[  I can't even believe it!
If you would like to chat -- send me a PM!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:40:23 pm »
What wonderful news!  Congratulations!

Good luck with the MRI and keep us posted.  I'm sure it's fine.  As my doctor told me, if there's nothing left of the tumor, there's nothing for the hormones to feed!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

lori67

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:56:14 am »
Congratulations!  How exciting.  How about some pictures of the new bundle of joy?

Nancy is right - the headaches are probably from having an extra little one around!  I know mine sure give me a headache!   :D

I hope all goes well with your MRI .

Congratulations again!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.