Author Topic: Grrrrrrrr, sometimes I could scream  (Read 7659 times)

Cheryl R

Re: Grrrrrrrr, sometimes I could scream
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »
As I was weaving my way thru Walmart this am ,I realized I also need a t-shirt which says I have a brain tumor--I'm not drunk!
   I also am finding in reading some of my posts and even after proofreading, that strange words pop up that I have no clue why I wrote that instead of the intended word!    But I know you all understand!!!!
                                       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

OMG16

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 03:21:59 pm »
I think we all understand to well and don't even notice ourselves.  The drunk T shirt is a good idea.  As my son is getting closer to driving it worries me that he will be pulled over and could not come close to passing for a DUI.  It would kill him to be arrested and thrown in jail.  Just more to worry about.  You know that is a Mothers job.  ;) 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »
Note to Rick : no longer dream ?
Dream states usually occurr in certain states of sleep
- not the"deep" sleep but in the "half awake half asleep mode"
maybe your sleep patterns have been changed slightly
(brain stem changes can change these)
- or maybe you dont remember the dreams ?
(I used to like my dreams- the cheapest DVD rental
I ever got...)
Best Regards
Tony
Ya I posted about dreaming. I used to be an avid lucid dreamer, OBEs during sleep paralysis etc. Since surgery those have since dissapeared  :-\  During those episodes it would be like hearing ,sight, smell, taste, feeling +6 th sense would combine into one.
With monohearing I sense I cannot achieve such heightened awareness during sleep. -only my wifes snoring via bone conduction  :-[
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:31 pm »
 :D :D :D

RE:
"With monohearing I sense I cannot achieve such heightened awareness during sleep. -only my wifes snoring via bone conduction  "  

That is too funny.  :D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Rick Everingham

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
"With monohearing I sense I cannot achieve such heightened awareness during sleep. -only my wifes snoring via bone conduction  "   

;D ;D  That is only too true, thanks everyone, I appreciate the opportunity to vent.
1.5x1x1.2cm AN surgically removed by Tans Lab Jul 30, 2003, McGuire VA Hospital in Richmond, VA.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 09:33:25 am »
Vent away... I have had tinnitus since a concussion at age 4 ...42 years of ringing ...I used  drown it
out some at night with music playing or setting the TV to sleep mode for an hour so I would drift off ...since
surgery the ringing in deaf ear gets unbearable at times... it pushes out reasonable thinking ... I put toilet
paper in the refrigerator , say the wrong words and wonder why I get funny looks ,I have to re-read and
re-type to cover for what I wrote and change it to what I really meant... but when I get mad about it I just
state to myself ... I am breathing ... it helps... and I can no longer mask the ringing with music or TV
since I have no hearing in that ear

I need one of those shirts too... I am constantly telling my 10 year old who is a mumbler all the time that
she can change her volume and way she talks but I can not change my ear back to hearing ... she does
good for a while and goes back to mumbling ... she comes by it honest as her dad is a mumbler... being an
adult I get madder at him when he doesn't speak up and clearly ... sometimes I refuse to ask him to repeat
himself and ignore him ... I figure if it is real important he will learn to talk so I can hear and understand him...
and sometimes he will ask me something and I answer him as if I have a mouth full of marbles ...
that really gets him

My mom started having some tinnitus about 3 months ago... over the weekend she was complaining and
moaning about how it was driving her insane ...I told her to remember that 4 year old that got paddled for
running off in stores that had alot of florescent lights and the TV department of store in the days of TVs with
tubes (which really bothered me) and when she remembered her , well then she could come moaning and
whining to me  ...

doctors said they could find no problem and I was trying to get  attention or just
disobedient ...so got swatted when I told them I had to leave and when they didn't remove me from
situation and left got another paddling... then at one point when we pulled up to a place that I had had
problems in before I was paddled before going in as a reminder to not leave their sides...

At about 12 I read in Readers Digest an article about tinnitus and showed it to them and said this is me...
doctors still couldn't find a problem but said that it starting after the bad concussion , that the concussion may
have started it ...it  required almost 2 weeks in the hospital mainly because I had bleeding from ears and nose
and abnesia...when I came around the first people I saw were doctors and nurses... when they brought my
parents in later I had no idea who they were and was scared of them

Short answer is I have no answer for you ... my tinnitus still makes me batty sometimes but I have learned
to deal with it
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:08 am »
Vent away... I have had tinnitus since a concussion at age 4 ...42 years of ringing

Hmmmm... I had a bad concussion about age 7 (I was one of the many examples of why they make kids today wear helmets on bikes!) and interesting enough until the AN surgery was the last time in a hospital) .. not sure when the ringing started.. It used to come and go.. and I was a teenager I guess when it started full time ..

and today.. if a genie said I could choose between 1 million dollars or my "T" would go away... without hesitation .. I would wish for the "T" to go away......  :o
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:06:04 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 04:27:42 pm »
David,

WHERE'S MY T-SHIRT???????????   I'm waiting!!!  Oh, maybe we need Lorenzo to design something for us.  What do you think, he is very artistic?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sammiegirl57

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 11:56:20 pm »
Rick,

I know EXACTLY how you feel.  Everyone tells me to just "deal with it".  Deal with what??? The NOISE??? Forgetting words!  I used to be a big "schmoozer" and great at speaking to people but now...I just look at them and can not find simple words!  I read something about this happening after AN surgery and spoke to my Mom who says, "honey, don't read so much into everything".  But when it's your livelihood and what you do...then what do you do???

Dinner out is the WORST!  If I'm in a "quietter" restaurant, then I'm alright but any place that has music and more than 10 patrons, forget it!  The high pitched "beeeeeeeep" gets so loud I've actually had to walk out on my Family one night and sit outside until it stopped.  Sometimes when I don't stretch my neck muscles I can hear each tendon and muscle fascia move and even my eyes!  When I dart them back and forth I can hear a subtle "swoosh".  The Dr. says because the definition of tinnitus is "head noise" that I should just get used to it. 

I'm so depressed too :(  Hope to hear from you soon

Samantha   :( :'(

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 12:47:10 pm »
My husband told me he doesn't dream, but he does.  He just very rarely remembers any of his dreams.  Ixta, you might think about going to a sleep lab and be monitored, because  dreaming is important and if your sleep patterns are fouled up, then you need to find that out.

I have constant tinnitus also, but most of the time it's manageable and we don't go out that much anymore so that's not a real big issue. Went to a noisy restaurant on my birthday the first of this month, and I sure noticed it then!  It's mother nature's little rotten practical joke that as you lose some hearing, you also gain internal noise.  Mother Nature isn't always a very nice person!  There was another word I was thinking of, but you can't use it here!!

Hang in there,

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode