Author Topic: CRAZY QUESTION!  (Read 2737 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

CRAZY QUESTION!
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:13:56 pm »
for those of you with to ability to blink now after facial paralysis can you keep your eye closed when upside down? I was told by the facial retraining lady that this is how they test to see when the gold weight can be removed. If you can close your eye while upside down then the function has returned and the weight can be taken out. I was curious if those that can close it without the weight now have that kind of strength in the ability to do this.

Jeanlea

Re: CRAZY QUESTION!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:55 pm »
I've been testing my eye using this method for awhile now.  Still can't do it, so I guess I have to keep the weight in.   It's good to know that it is the "official" method.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:25:05 pm »
Jean~
How in the heck do you do this?  Do you stand on your head or what?  I bet people would line up to see me try that -- heck, they might even pay money since I have NO BALANCE.  I don't think I have tried that -- I may have to just to see if could do it!!   ;D  I just finished watching "Big Give" - wonder if I couold make some money to give away that way????  Doubt it, but I liked the show and LOVED the concept!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Karen

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »
What therapist said that.  I see Jackie Diels and that is what she said.  I can close mine                               and I am going to have mine taken out next week.  I'll keep you posted how things go.  I am scared but want to try.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear