Author Topic: SKull Base Possibility  (Read 50508 times)

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
Re: SKull Base Possibility
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2007, 11:13:12 am »
yes, I met with Mangham before settling on SBI, he mentioned him and Steege work as a team on the AN operations. I just hope he is open to see other surgeon's work, because a neurologist in my home town said "No way". about 2 mos post op.
He was inferring that he does not want anything to do with any other surgeons "work" or "art".  I just wanted to talk to someone!
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

NF-2er

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2007, 07:42:19 pm »
Hi;

Is the Neurologist a neurosurgeon also? That would be unusual. Sorry, referring back to an earlier post in the thread re, Skull base.

Russ

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:54 am »
You mean Steege? All I know is that Mangham is a Neuro OTO ologist, and he works with Steege, who opens and closes the head.
I saw Mangham already before the resection and may go back to him if Steege refers me to him. From what I understand they are close knit.

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:32 pm »
Well this time exactly 1YEAR AGO I was puking my guts out with VERTIGO!!

1 yr post op with Shahinian.
I am doing very well atm, some dizziness still. Driving in a snow whiteout ain't so fun
I tried the transear but never wear it, going to research the BAHA more.
I am exercising more than ever.
I have some goals:
Summer 08_Complete Olympic size Triathlon
Summer 09_Complete Half Iron Man
Summer 10_ IRON MAN Coeur d'Alene (I hope not crawling to the finish line)

I want to thank all of you that carried me through last yr, ceecee jersey, chopper, etc.
Feel free to mail me through the site if need info on SBI. I'll be poking in and out of here once in a while,
for now MY WIFE IS PREGNANT GONNA BE A DAD! SUMMER 08 WOOT  :D
God Bless All.

OMG16

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2007, 12:10:37 am »
Wonderful news about the baby I wish you all the best.  Children can teach us so much if we let them.  How to love and forgive.  Be sure to always make time as the years go by and if something happens they will then turn to you.  My son is my hero!

I am so happy to hear about your 1 year ann.   Take good care of your wife as her ankles swell and her moods change sometimes from 1 minute to the next. ;D

I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

jerseygirl

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:14 am »
Ixta,

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary and soon-to-be Dad! It is an exciting time for both of you! Best of luck in everything you do.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
Re: SKull Base Possibility:2 yr update*
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2008, 03:19:38 pm »
Hey Y'all, thought I'd drop an almost 2 yr update.

MRI's have been clean".
I gave up on the Transear, (dusty on the shelf) Tried Craigslist to sell to no avail >:(
Perhaps I will just wait till stemcell research can build a new nerve..
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070218131439.htm

..That pregancy last year was a miscarriage...(still trying).

..I finished my 2nd Olympic Triathlon and intend to do bigger ones in the next coming years. ( I came in 2nd to last place last one)-monohearing reduces race anxiety big time! I don't even know where I am in relation to the world so who cares! woot!

..The depression has been reduced through trying to live life to its fullest by being active(triathlons marathons)-(also reduces stress).

..I still miss "feeling" music. I am able to still dance salsa though.

..I bought a motorcycle!

Two thumbs up for all those that helped me through, and a handshake of those just Dx-ed and new to the forum. 
You will get through it. ;D

Oh ya, lifeisgood, sorry I didn't get your email till a year later and had you to stand my seizure inducing animated .gif avatar.
I just replaced it.  more of life here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/saxoch/

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:36:42 pm by ixta »