Author Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 2217 times)

Timjk

Some thoughts
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:32 am »
Well, today starts the final leg of my "Adventure".. It's 6:30 A:M and I should still be in bed but I am wide awake.. For some reason it's not the same " we are going fishing .. need to get up before sunrise and get to the boat ramp" kind of wide awake.. It is anticipation.. the unknown.. the "what if's"...Radiation is a whole new thing for me... The thought is there.. "Stay positive Tim.. stay positive..." But then there is the part of me that says to expect the worst  and if that happens I won't be shocked. Who am I kidding ?? I WILL be shocked !!! Thanks to the "prepare ahead" suggestions of my daughter , Erika , I have been learning my new language.. and I am very proud of what I have accomplished in a relatively short time.. but just like being in a foreign country very few people speak my new language .. what do I do ??? Do I withdraw into a world of the non-hearing ??? Do I forge ahead and "make it work" ??? As much as I feel I have prepared for this day I feel so unprepared..

I think I will go lay back down and wait for the alarm...
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

candtlaw

Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:28:55 am »
Tim, HUGS......... it will all be ok. I need to read further posts to see if your CK or CK. Just wanted you to know that we are here supporting you all the way ;)  Please do update when you can.........
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

candtlaw

Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:48:35 am »
Now I remembrer.......... gl to you today.  :)
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)