Author Topic: phantom symptoms???  (Read 8071 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: phantom symptoms???
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 02:02:09 pm »
The general sense is that over 65, anyway, ANs do tend to grow less or not at all. Like the rest of the body at that age, they are in the process of shutting down.  :( 

So what you're telling me is that my AN was diagnosed 20 years too early  :(  Damn!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 02:21:34 pm »
Steve:

I have no intention of shutting down any time soon but according to my last MRI scan, metaphorically, my AN is circling the drain.  :D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 08:14:32 pm »
CWood,

No, in the majority of cases, radiation treatment stops the growth of the AN. It is only the small percent that regrow that raise questions about future treatment. Of course you may choose surgery anyway, but radiation treatment is certainly a reasonable choice for smaller ANs. It has worked out well for many, including me so far.

Jim, I didn't mean to suggest that everyone slams on the brakes at 65; far from it. My dad is 87 now, and still humming along. But active growth activity does tend to slow down as we age. I assume that accounts for my hair line, and I know my legs aren't what they used to be.  :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 08:36:40 pm »
CWood, I'm not sure if this has been posted for you already, and I just saw that you sent an MRI to House. If you have another copy, you might consider contacting one of the Cyberknife doctors, and see if you can get an evaluation from them. It might give you a different view of the prospect of radiation treatment. You can also post questions on the CK forum, they are answered by practicing doctors.

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.