Author Topic: MRI tomorrow....and im back from it  (Read 2843 times)

tatianne

MRI tomorrow....and im back from it
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:24:34 am »
Hi everyone,

I havent been around consistently lately, I kinda come an visit here and there and see how everyone is doing without leaving too evidence of my visit...lol

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my upcoming MRI and here we are, its tomorrow....
Just to update anyone who doesnt know me (which is probably most of you...)
I found my AN in July 2006....measured in at 8mm, did a six month follow up and it grew to 9mm...
My doctor suggested to wait and watch for another year and then follow up and thats where im at tomorrow.
Im feeling very anxious, everyone please send me good vibes.
Thank you
T
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 09:34:32 am by tatianne »
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: MRI tomorrow....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:34:51 am »
T! Great to see you! I've been wondering about you! :)

Now, keep in mind that MRI's have a +/-2mm error, so to go from 8mm to 9mm is certainly within the plus/minus.  Keeping fingers crossed that you still remain in the plus/minus and sending huggles for continued wellness!

Don't forget to get copies of the MRI films as well as the final/written report.  A total "must have" after the test.

Hang tough!  Good to see you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:09:38 am »
I'm honored to meet you.  I found waiting was so very stressful.  My thoughts are with you and I hope everything goes well for you.  Please do keep us informed.  I see Phyl has sent you huggles so I will send you a kiss on your forehead.  This is what our friends and family do when someone is having a bad day.  Take care 16 :-*
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

lori67

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 11:19:12 am »
GOOD VIBES.... GOOD VIBES... GOOD VIBES....  Hope you're getting them...

Good luck tomorrow!  My fingers are crossed for good results for you!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

tatianne

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:02:08 pm »
thanks everyone for your kinds words, much appreciated..I will check in with you guys tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Jackie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:53:46 pm »
Hello Tatianne,

My prayers are with you for a "No Growth" results of your MRI. Do you know how long before you get your results?? I have had 3 MRI's this past year and luckily had results within a very few days! I also have claustrophobia big time so they are one of my worst nightmares! Luckily we have found meds. that sooth the savage beast in me, so now I can breeze through much better than the first time! Good luck to you, I also am in a wait and watch mode with an AN similar in size to yours!
Sending you all the best of outcomes,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

kat

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 04:04:51 pm »
Hi Tatianne

Good luck with your MRI .  I am  also waiting to get a date for my third MRI post GK and I am growing increasingly impatient
since I approached my GP 2 months ago to arrange it and so far have not got an appointment  . I have no symptoms to cause
any alarm but it would be good to know sooner rather than later what is going on with my AN so that I can get on with the rest of my life .   

Best regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

mema

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »
Tatianne,                                                                                                                                                                                   

Pulling for you here for a good MRI result.  I said a prayer for you.  We all get so anxious around our yearly MRI time.  To reiderate what Phyl said there is a 1-2 mm room for error.  It may not have grown your last MRI, just a different reading of it.  Luck to you.                   

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 05:26:52 pm »
Hey Tatianne with the beautiful name!
Hope all goes well with the MRI tomorrow and ditto to what Phyll said about the +- thing. Pirate sox on for you for sure!

Hugs, Good Vibes, and Prayers--all bases covered!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

tatianne

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 09:33:37 am »
ok, so Im back....
I took some tranquillizers and in result kept faaling asleep but at the same time my head was moving so they hadd to do the entire thing twice....rrrrrrrrr...this ever happen to anyone ??
Also, they didnt do a glandolieum (sp? srry still out of it from the meds...)..Tech says once the doc knows what hes looking for they dont always request that part, is this  standard ??? This disturbed me..
thanks Tan
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm

OMG16

Re: MRI tomorrow....and im back from it
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 12:30:53 pm »
It is my understanding that when they do a follow up that it is not always needed and will skip that part of the exam.  I have experienced this as well as my son.  This is only my uneducated reply so maybe others can tell us their experience also. 

We have not had to have the MRI repeated for movement.  How frustrating and they are so long anyways.

Now maybe you should go take a nap to sleep it off so to speak (lol).  I'm sure you will be relaxed all day.  Maybe that will be a bonus.  Take care of yourself.  Let us know as soon as you hear.  I think we all worry when others on the forum are waiting their results.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

yoga52smh

Re: MRI tomorrow....and im back from it
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 06:20:49 pm »
Tatianne,

I'm not sure what the protocol for glandolioum (sp??) is for the follow up MRI's but I went to my GP today for a small bump on my thumb, it's a gangliome  sp?.  I asked him if I should get my 3rd yr MRI following SO surgery.  Last year my surgeon said I didn't need the MRI and could wait a year for the next one, I thought I wanted it, while I have insurance, but I started thinking about it and asking my GP what he thought he said he would wait as my surgeon suggested.  He also said that MRI is harmless, not radiation but the glandolium raises havoc on the kidneys, especially in older women, which scares me so I think I will wait and do my MRI next year. I don't know if anyone else has heard about possible side effects of this stuff. and maybe that's why the doctors aren't using the dye each time.

Glad your over with the MRI and here's hoping that your AN has disappeared.  Take care and all the best to you.

Sue