Author Topic: AN in Indiana  (Read 1761 times)

btown

AN in Indiana
« on: December 27, 2007, 02:13:05 pm »
Any AN'ers out there who had surgery in Indianapolis with Dr. Richard Miyamoto? If so, how was your experience, surgery issues, recovery time, post-op problems, etc...
9mm AN diagnosed November, 2007
CK in January, 2008
1 year MRI shows no growth, 5mm shrinkage

Desilu

Re: AN in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
Hi btown,

I live in Indiana also. Not too many Hoosiers responding here! Don't know if you received my personal email but I know of a woman who lives in Fort Wayne who went to Miyamoto. She had a consult with him and a few other doctors. Her final decision, like mine, was to go to House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles. If you would like her name and number please send me a personal email. I wish you the best on your AN journey.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

CarrollMoore

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:38:29 am »
I too live in Indiana - about 40 miles west of Fort Wayne.  It is interesting to know that someone traveled across the country for treatment.  As for others, if I indeed do have an AN, I will want to be treated by someone with the most experience.  Has anyone heard of Dr. Disher in Fort Wayne.  He is who I will be seeing on 1/15.

Desilu

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:51:53 am »
Hi Carol,

The same woman that went to see Dr. Miyamoto also went to see Dr. Disher also. I can give you her number if you would like? Please send me a personal email if you are interested. Where abouts in Indiana do you live? I'm in Hobart about 5 miles out of Gary, IN where I was born and raised. I wish you the best!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger