Author Topic: "P I N G"  (Read 3355 times)

mema

"P I N G"
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:18:02 pm »
I have all the usual as well as unusual sounds in my left AN ear.  One that puzzles me happens once everynight.  It is a high pitched                   
"P I N G".  It is caused by the craziest things.  My hubby shutting the door quietly.  Sounds on a TV show that are always quiet sounds like someone putting a glass down.  Wonder, does anyone else get a high pitched "P I N G"                                                               

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

lori67

Re: "P I N G"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:58 pm »
Well, as strange as that sounds... every time the phone rings, I hear a ping, or more like someone snapping a rubber band in my AN ear.

The other day I was really tired and every few minutes it sounded like wind blowing a puff of air in my ear.  Very strange.  I'm learning not to be too surprised by strange things anymore.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Static

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:06:14 pm »
I was out with a friend last night in a crowded and noisy restaurant and when I got home, everything seemed so loud and when I asked my kids to turn down the TV and I saw what setting it was actually on, it really wasn't that loud.  My tinnitus was so bad last night from being out in a noisy place and I had bought that ear plug and forgot to use it, I could've kicked myself!  I hear all kinds of pings, pongs, and dings and dongs!  I gotta remember to put in that ear plug on New Year's Eve.  Gonna have a few of my daughters friends stay over, and the neighbors always set of fireworks.  That oughta be loads of fun!  I hope you all have a Happy one!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

tony

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »
Mine does go "Ping" from inside -I was quite alarmed at first...
as it did sound a bit like underwater sonar from a submarine
- and the possibilty of a U-571 wandering around my internal
organs was a shade too dark even for my humour....
Best Regards
Tony