Author Topic: Humor with an AN  (Read 10327 times)

dsuvb12

Re: Humor with an AN
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 08:20:10 am »
Hi Lori-
You will have to let me know when you get your BAHA processor.  I had my post put in the same time they did the AN removal so it saved on anesthesia.  (which didn't help b/c I had to have two more surgeries!)  I had to wait until my scar healed before they would give me the processor and hopefully in the next few weeks I will get one.  I totally hear :) what your saying about being unusually quiet in sociai situations.  I still like to go to the bar with my friends and that environment makes it virtually impossibly to hear anything!  And I had the same thing happen with touching my BAHA....it's very exciting to get an idea of how it would work!  Let me know how it works out for you!  Take Care!
4.6cmm tumor pressing on the brain stem--removed 7/24/07
Right facial paralysis, loss of hearing in right ear
Gold weight in right eye
BAHA Implant
Dr. Gary Moore was ENT and Dr. Long was neurosurgeon both of Omaha, NE
Had two scar revisions due to staph infection and suture allergy--Dr. Johnso

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 02:16:56 pm »
HEY! I got an actual photo of a BAHA user!

Ain't it cool!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:18:45 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lori67

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 02:22:56 pm »
Yes, and with the optional laser attachment, you can microwave a bowl of soup and change the channel on the tv at the same time.

I think with a pirate eye-patch, you'd hardly even notice it.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

marg

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 02:48:56 pm »
Cap. Deb.... That must have been an early model  of the BAHA  .... maybe Captain Picard can trade in for a new one .
Marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

sgerrard

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »

maybe Captain Picard can trade in for a new one .

Make it so.

:D
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

dsuvb12

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 09:19:05 am »
I should show my family thath picture!  They would think it was a hoot!
4.6cmm tumor pressing on the brain stem--removed 7/24/07
Right facial paralysis, loss of hearing in right ear
Gold weight in right eye
BAHA Implant
Dr. Gary Moore was ENT and Dr. Long was neurosurgeon both of Omaha, NE
Had two scar revisions due to staph infection and suture allergy--Dr. Johnso

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 01:41:50 pm »
My boss gave me a Christmas card which started out:  I hope you're reading this with your good ear, but if you're not, I'll write bigger."  The rest of the card was in huge block print.

I thought that was quite funny
Donna

1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 01:54:31 pm »
My boss gave me a Christmas card which started out:  I hope you're reading this with your good ear, but if you're not, I'll write bigger."  The rest of the card was in huge block print.

I thought that was quite funny
Donna

I like your boss, Donna... my kinda humor! :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 06:36:48 pm »
I've got this lady who calls monthly to check verify her electronic deposits.  She has a British pension, Canadian pension and old age security.  Every month she says to me in a proper British accent "Hang on dear I can't hear you let me put my glasses on."  The first time she said that to me a screamed with laughter.  I had to explain what was so funny to my co-workers.

Its kinda like when you are talking to someone who doesn't understand English, your voice seems to raise slightly and you talk slower............hey I wondered if that would help us out if we just said "no speak English."  Would people talk slower and louder?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 07:57:35 pm »
So maybe we're not all actually deaf - we just need glasses!  Why didn't we think of that sooner?
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 12:26:17 am »

I've got this lady who calls monthly to check verify her electronic deposits.  She has a British pension, Canadian pension and old age security.  Every month she says to me in a proper British accent "Hang on dear I can't hear you let me put my glasses on."  The first time she said that to me a screamed with laughter.  I had to explain what was so funny to my co-workers.

Now this stuff is just plain funny.  :D

I think I will adopt the habit of taking off my glasses and cleaning them, before putting them back on and saying "Now what was that?" And, if I am having trouble seeing something, I will clean out my ear with my little finger and then take a closer look. Wait, its too loud in here, let me put on my sunglasses!  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:36 am »
Someone at work told me she found a bumpersticker website with some for brain surgery.  My fav is "two more holes and I'd be a bowling ball!" 
cafepress.com then search "brain surgery" 

Donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 11:20:49 am »
Donna,

I checked out the website! OMG! Too funny! Saw 6 pages worth of stuff and think I know which tshirt I want to bring my back up brain surgeon! Heck, they even had a couple of items for Chiari folks like me....

Thanks for sharing! :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 11:31:47 am »
Loved "My thinker is faster than my speaker" - sums me up post op very nicely  ;D

Thanks for the link, Donna.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 01:47:31 pm »
Donna, that is a great site!  I think my favorite was the "Not tonight dear, I had a craniotomy".

I never knew we had our own line of apparel!

Lori