Author Topic: I can't take it anymore!  (Read 12256 times)

danijake

Re: I can't take it anymore!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 08:00:15 am »
My x-rays showed Phase 1 degeneration in my lower back and phase 2 in my neck. There is reverse curve in my neck and the x-ray looks    almost like a giraffe! My spine is curving back and forth. The Chiropractor said it was caused by a lifetime of abuse...jumping fences, falling off my bike and stuff like that. But having my neck positioned for the surgery was what triggered the neck pain to be so bad that I finally went.

I have crappy insurance. They don't pay for Chiropractic. And it's Blue Cross Blue Shield!!! But from Wal-mart and cheap.  It's $208.00/month!!!

marg

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »
Dani,
   I totally understand.  My neck has some reverse curve from a car accident I was in 30 years ago but the chiropractics  helps a lot.  Sorry your insurance doesn't cover it .  Some chiropractors sell a 'package deal' if you pay cash and they don't have to mess with an insurance company.  It might be worth asking.  or if you need to find a different chiropractor who will work with you...take your x-rays with you.  They BELONG TO YOU ... you paid for them (or your insurance company did) so  they do not have to stay with this chiropractor.  I hope you get some help with this.
margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 03:32:16 pm »
Dani~
Hello!
I wanted to chime in on what Patti UT said about things getting better as time goes on.  I am extremely blessed that I do not have headaches.  In fact, I had severe ones before and now don't have any.  I thought, until I recently started reading this site, that AN surgery cured the headaches for all -- BOY, was I wrong!!  All that said, people tell me frequently how great I am doing for all that I went through and how they don't even think of me as someone who had a brain tumor or stroke -- heaven forbid that I am disabled in any way!!  My common response is that I would say that I certainly did not reach the point where I am today for a good 3-5 years (now I do think it probably would've have helped if I wouldn't have gotten pregnant 1 year after surgery/stroke!! :o)!!!!!!!!).  I can't help w/ the headaches, but I can give you hope that it all comes together better as time goes on.  I am 12 YEARS out now!!  (I can't even believe that -- & I not even 40 yet!)
Have a good weekend!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

moores

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 10:14:32 pm »
Dani,

I am so sorry about your headaches. I had translab surgery in January of 2007 and am just now (after one year) having more relief time than headache time. I tried several OTC and prescribed meds but nothing touched these pressure headaches which were like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Finally in April, I visited my trusted physical therapist hoping she might realign my neck or help my back muscles relax. When I described the pain, she said "Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about and have a full toolbox to help you!"

Long story short, the technique she swears by is Integrative Manual Therapy (www.centerimt.com). I also went for four days after Thanksgiving to one of their clinics in Elmhurst, IL and after that, I got real relief.

I recommend finding a physical therapist trained in this (not anyone else) or visiting one of their centers. This is covered by my insurance. The primary person who developed this type of treatment is Sharon Giamatteo. They have clinics all over the country.

Good luck to you. I remember those many days when I felt so lost and hopeless. Just know that it will improveif you keep moving ahead with finding what works for you.

The reason I am happy with my choice is that it worked without having to take strong meds, which is where I was headed until I found IMT.

Take care,

Susan
Translab on 1-8-07 by Drs. Friedman and Schwartz for 1.9 mm tumor at House Ear Clinic
SSD in right ear with Baha implant
Some facial paralysis on right side but getting better!

OMG16

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 02:33:25 pm »
I'm glad to hear that you still have your job and your insurance.  I have been wondering how you are doing.  I hope you are doing well.  Kisses  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 02:49:40 pm »
Hey Dani~
How has everything been since your BAHA??  Are you back at work?  How about the headaches?
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

marg

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 10:47:23 pm »
Dani,
  I've been thinking about you a lot... Hope your BAHA went well and your are  feeling better already.  Glad you didn't lose your job.
marg
Marg 
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

danijake

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 10:10:51 pm »
I still have the headaches and a little dizzy, but okay. Going back to work Tuesday with a note from the Dr to let me have a barstool to sit on while I work. (I work at Wal-mart/cashier)

tdworkin

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 12:45:29 pm »
Danijake- I know. I know. I really know.
The constant headache is debilitating. The stress of carrying it every single minute just wears me down. It gets worse throughout the day- by the time I get home, I just want dinner and bed. I am so not a fun person anymore. I am on the verge of tears all the time. I have no sense of humor and feel depressed by the lack of joy in my life. I am tired and listless and KNOW I need to get up and do something physical to help relieve some of the stress and to feel better, but have no energy -am overwhelmed by the weight of it all. I actually am sitting here in my work out clothes with the ellipical in my gym screaming at me to get on and get going... maybe later...
OK, for you friends out there who are thinking "Get thee to a doctor..." Have. Am carrying narcotics for the bad days and just putting up with the not-so-bad ones.
The message I keep repeating is "This too shall pass." Of course, my constant mantra is "DIE TUMOR DIE!!" Can't happen quickly enough for me.
So, to all you with this constant headache thing - just talk to your docs and hang in there... knowing there are others going through the same thing is not comforting but helps validate the symptoms and process of recovery.
Terry

marg

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 11:30:15 pm »
Dani,
   I'm so sorry about your job.  It is very difficult to go to work every day with the noise, stress, and pressure trying to understand what my kids and adults around me are saying ( I teach 2nd grade)..... but at least I don't have a constant headache.  I usually get one off and on during the day - but tylenol (and coffee) will take care of it.  I hope you can relax and recouperate from the trama of all you have been through  and the headaches will ease up soon !   It's wearing enough to deal with the SSD, balance problems, and tinnitus all the time - I would go over the edge with a constant headache too.

You're in my prayers,
Margaret
Marg 

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 07:33:52 pm »
Dani,
I am so sorry.  I wish I could say or do something to help.  Your health insurance is good for a month after you quit, right?  I would go to the doctor and ask about something to help you.  You sound pretty depressed.  I know, that's a no brainer.  A lot of drug companies will give you their drugs, if you can't afford them.  You need one that addresses your pain as well as how you feel.  There is help.  I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 08:48:42 pm »
Dani -

I agree wholeheartedly with Brendalu.  We are here to help you in any way we can, but I think you need to seek professional help for your pain as well as your depression.  Have you considered seeing a therapist?  I've seen therapists at different points in my life to help me get through tough times - infertility, divorce, etc.  There is no shame in asking for the help you need.  You owe it to yourself and your son to find a way to improve your situation.

I'm worried about you.

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 06:25:47 am »
Dani,
I forgot to add that I saw professionals and therapists for my treatment.  I wasn't  self diagnosed or self medicated!  You are in my prayers as well as your son.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Denisex2boys

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 07:33:36 pm »
Oh I am so sorry about the headaches - I am pre-treatment and I suffer daily heachaches and the last 'wopper' lasted well over a week - I am hoping that once I do have surgery I will be one of the few who does not get them anymore - - 'wishful thinking'.....

((((HUGS))))
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!